Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

2.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY SKIN:DRY,AND IM IN MY 40'S,FLAWLESS SKIN,TINY PORES,FAINT SMILE LINES,NO UNDEREYE LINES.
GOT THE COLOR LIGHT,MATCHES GOOD.THIS DOES COVER WELL,GOES ON SMOOTH.
( BUT ) IT IS DRYING LIKE STICK CONCEALER,YOU KNOW THICK AND TACKY, IT GOT PATCHY WHERE I HIGHLIGHTED (NOSE,CHIN,TOP LIP),IT DOES NEED TO BE SET WITH POWDER,BUT IT IS STILL GOING TO CREASE,YOU DEFINETLY HAVE TO APPLY A GOOD CREAM AND OIL UNDER THE EYE AREA.
THIS IS NOT FOR MATURE,OR DRY SKIN.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a totally bad product but its so thick making it quite hard to blend and it clings to my dry patches. Applicator makes application messy. I think this would work if you have oily skin, as it offers quite good coverage but it is too drying for me and creases if not set immediately. I would suggest the Becca Luminous Concealer, Too Faced Born This Way or the Naked Skin one for drier girls like me.

on 7/5/2017 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! Its coverage is very good, and the shade range is AMAZING. My skin is so fair that I often have to buy the absolute lightest shade of foundation in any brand for it to remotely match my skin, so you can imagine my surprise when I found a shade in this that I could actually use as a highlighting concealer. For reference, my winter foundation is NARS Sheer Glow in the shade Siberia. Yup. I'm pasty. Even though I use it as a highlighter mostly, it still does a phenomenal job at covering my tired undereyes. I've found that this does crease IF I use too much of it or if I don't use enough powder. You DO need to set this with a powder. I have dry skin, so I was hesitant to set it as zealously as I should have, and it did crease on me. However, as soon as I tried "baking" this concealer, it ceased creasing and looked smooth all day. I pack on Laura Mercier's setting powder under my eyes with a wet beauty blender, bathe in Urban Decay's All Nighter, and it stays on forever. This concealer is always the last makeup remaining on my face at the end of the day. My foundation wears off (even with my setting spray), but this does NOT. I also use it as an eyeshadow primer, and it works decently well. It isn't too sticky for this purpose if you do not use too much on your eyelid. However, if you are looking for a primer to make your eyeshadows appear more vibrant or show up better, this concealer won't do much for you. It has never made me break out. I only use it on my undereye area. This is because I would need separate shades in order to conceal any blemishes with it, and the price is a bit hefty. I don't really like it for highlighting my nose or any other areas, because I feel like it looks ridiculous due to the limited amount of control I have in places other than my undereye area, but that's just me. I've never had problems with this feeling heavy like many other reviews say. A thin stripe right beneath my lash line is more than enough. The smell of this concealer is very pleasant, but I have never noticed it while wearing it. This is my holy grail, and I don't see myself buying any other concealer in the near future.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Choking on this and how freaking good it is at covering everything! Dark circles, spot, discolouration, GONE! Also, you can put this over powder and it doesn't look weird! As in topping up throughout the day! Really really good!!! 💝💝💝

on 4/25/2017 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this product very excitedly after watching a video featuring it by Rachhloves, where she tried a bunch of Instagram-hyped makeup products. She loved it, and raved about what it does for under-eye circles. I have serious under-eye circles, so I was like "no need for color correction before concealer? YAS" and bought it immediately. Well, the magic just isn't there. I honestly feel like it give less coverage than other, much cheaper brands I've purchased. I see no reason to buy this instead of any drugstore brand, honestly. It doesn't do what it claims, at least not for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This does not cover as well as Maybelline Superstay and to get this not to crease, I have to put Maybelline Superstay on top of it. Too lazy to return it, so I guess I'll keep it. The packaging is nice, however, the doe foot applicator is way too big and the fragrance gives me a headache. Also, I read in Allure of all places that Youtubers were paid $5.00 commission to review the product and refer customers to tarte.com for sales. Very upsetting.
2/10/2017, I did return this in the end. As a migraine sufferer, I just couldn't take the fragrance in this concealer and the coverage is not worth the hype.

Edit- I just bought a product called Artist Pro Water Resistant Concealer by Adept Cosmetics. I love it. I put a review on here. I need full coverage and the concealer blows Shape Tape out of the water.