Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.6

on 1/13/2019 10:00:00 PM

I use this in the light neutral shade for my under eyes and any pimples that pop up. The coverage on me is medium and It is one of the best concealers I've used at this price point! I much prefer it to the Nars, and many many others. My other favorite though the texture is much different is Cle De Peau. This really is worth the hype 100%! It never looks fake or cakey on me. It's also now the #1 selling concealer in the USA... Ulta got so lucky with this exclusive.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried a sample of shape tape in the shade light, which I find a good match for my under eye area, but just a little light to use on my face, and I am nc20. I absolutely love how long lasting this is, and how full coverage this is. The only downside is that you can only get this through tarte’s website in Canada, and you need to spend so much to eat free shipping. Otherwise, I would have actually bought the full size.

on 11/20/2018 3:31:00 AM

Best concealer I have ever used. No need to apply corrector underneath or powder on top. Hv tried multiple high and low end concealers. This is the best of the best

maybelline’s fit me was probably my go to concealer until yt kept talking about this nonstop so ofc i had to try it

it has a full coverage on my skin, i have mild redness and the occasional breakout and it covers. it dries to a powdery finish, so im not sure how well dry skin ppl would like this

its very rare for me these days to go for something full coverage as my makeup tastes have changed quite a bit. (im currently working on using up my old full cover products).
just a few dots here and there is good for me, as i never do that triangle thing

im in between shades, and this oxidizes a little bit,
i think im light sand, i never totally figured it out

it wears all day on my skin.
it was $24 when it first released and now its $27 usd. but still ok considering how much product there is.

I have never used anything this good, and I am 61 years old, so that says a lot. Wonderful product.

on 8/31/2017 5:01:00 AM

So like everyone else, I bought into the hype and purchased this concealer. I was extremely disappointed. Yes, you get a huge amount for the price. But the wand is so large it's just not practical. I don't need to cover my entire face- just under my eyes and the occasional blemish. I think the tube would last me at least a year but the shelf life is 6 months so I'd end up having to get rid of it before I can finish it (Products with wand applicators can get contaminated with bacteria). It's very drying under my eyes and creases very quickly even if I set it- and I don't usually have to set my concealer. The shade light was a pretty good match for my favorite NARS radiant creamy concealer in vanilla. However the NARS is definitely superior in almost every way. Shape Tape is fuller coverage but if you're 30+ or have any fine lines, Shape Tape will emphasize every one which the NARS won't. I guess it might work better on younger people and people with oily skin. Shape Tape also seems to last longer which is good and bad because it seems to dry on my face before I can even blend it. NARS RCC goes on so smooth and is easy to blend. It never emphasizes fine lines and just looks more natural. Unfortunately I would not recommend this or repurchase.

This is my new current favorite. It is expensive, but is lightweight and does not crease. It is very easy to blend, though I would suggest using a beautyblender instead of a brush under the eyes. It is also great on problem areas on the face. Sometimes I find myself not needing to use foundation since this blends so well and doubles as foundation when used over primer. The medium shade is perfect for me, just the right amount of olive tones.

Didn't any1 get Light Sand??! I got this from eBay for US$21 "what sorcery is this?" It's amazing. I am NC20, Chanel 20beige & Revlon Buff but this is seriously awesome did I say amazing?! I dot 3 dots under my eyes and 2 dots on my nose. Then I blend & go over it with a powder fdtn (Chanel or MAC studiofix) then I'm set! I love the applicator it's so big but it's effective. I use NARS RCC in custard & vanilla & Light Sand is similar to Custard. Maybe a hair paler. I have extreme oily skin & this won't slide around nor get greasy. It lasts all day & I am so shocked how good this is. I don't have a lot of tarte (tartelette palette, tarteist paint eyeliner & mascara, a cpl lipsticks, lipliner & sephoras bday gift), I'm impressed w the brand & this is most def worth the $20 bucks! #excellent #concealerjunkie #winning

I really love this concealer! It seems to live up to the hype it has generated. Too bad it's not sold yet in any stores in Canada. I purchased it online on the Tarte website. I decided on getting the shade Medium after looking at online swatches and watching reviews of the Shape Tape concealer from youtubers with similar skintones. The shade Medium works well for me and is yellow based. For reference, my skintone matches NC 44 and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Toasty Toffee. You only need small amounts of this concealer and it blends really well and doesn't look cakey. Many people compare this concealer to Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. I find Shape Tape provides better coverage and does provide longlasting coverage and it didn't crease in some of my fine lines. It does have a fragrance to it but I noticed the scent fades after 5 minutes. This retails for $31 CDN and is more economical to the Nars concealer, one only needs to apply a small amount of product and the tube contains 10mL of product.

on 10/16/2016 1:05:00 AM

Love this concealer. Thick moussey texture. thought it would be hard to blend and heavy but as air light as maybelline fit me but with a LOT more coverage. perfect for blemishes and under eyes. attached to some dry spots ( I have combo skin) and has weird floral scent? The scent isn't horrible just interesting for a concealer. The applicator isn't my favorite but gets my makeup done faster because I don't have to always go back and dip the applicator into the tube. Overall really love this, full coverage, easy to blend, light on the skin, what's not to love?