Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is about as close as I have come to finding a holy grail concealer. I always have issues with concealers creasing in the lines underneath my eye, but this concealer does not do that. It holds up very well in hot, humid weather. I still set it with a light dusting of powder, but it is very long-wearing. As always I use a good eye cream first and let it set before applying concealer. The only gripe I have is that is does tend to oxidize a l bit later in the day. The light color is perfect when I put it on, but about 8 hours later it oxidizes a little. I might buy the fair color and try mixing it with the light to see if it improves. Definitely will keep buying anyway!

on 8/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

This is a great under eye concealer. It looks really smooth and doesn't crease. I don't even need to set it with powder since it dries down matte. Get a shade lighter than you'd typically get if you'd like more of a brightening effect. I'm about an NC25-NC30 and purchased the Light-Medium. It matches my skin color exactly so now I'm waiting for Light to be back in stock as I'd prefer it to be lighter under my eyes. If you see it in stock at Ulta or Tarte.com, get it while you can, as it will sell out quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my God! These are truly amazing!!!!! If I could give it 10 lippies I would. I bought 2 colors: light and light medium. I am NC20 in Mac and wow!!!!! Truly the best concealer that I have ever used and believe me I've tried maaaannnnnyyy!!! It's full coverage, doesn't crease u need to set of course and lasts all day. My absolute favorite now!!!! A++++

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well I certainly do not need another concealer just yet, but the buzz about this made me cave, and I am glad I did. I am pretty sure this will be one of my top 3 fave concealers, if not becoming holy grail (time will tell as seasons change..that is sometimes is a factor for me if a product works well/becomes holy grail or not). Blends in flawlessly, full coverage without looking cakey (I apply this and then bland with a beauty blender), does not break up as the day goes on (even with the current heat and humidity). Does not feel heavy on my skin, in fact, I even often forget that I have it on (some days when I do 'minimal makeup' I will just use a dab of this to cover blemishes/even out the skin tone). I detect no scent with this, which is a good thing for my sensitive nose and skin. Wear time for me is pretty much all day, definitely a good 10 - 12 hours for me before it begins to minimally fade away, and even then I can still see this 'doing it's job'.

I will say I am not a fan of the wand, it is awkward and it is chunky/chubby and also imo not sanitary, whereas I would rather this be a tube or a pump for sanitary purposes. But with this I just dip a clean q-tip or a clean concealer brush in and it is just fine. Even if I did not mind a wand, I just find the wand itself to be clunky/chubby/awkward. Almost like there could be a risk of wasting product because the wand/the sponge tip is quite large. But again, I use other application methods for this, so it is not a big deal. Coverage with this is pretty flawless and almost air-brushed effect for me...So I can overlook a chubby wand. :)

on 9/6/2016 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is an awesome concealer! It does not crease, the lightest shade is actually light enough for my pale skin (nc10) and it lasts all day looking flawless. I set it with the rcma no color powder and it brightens my undereye area looking perfect all day. It has full coverage and feels lightweight on the skin, blends out beautifully with a sponge or brush, both work well for me. A little goes a long way and you get a lot of product in the tube so definitely worth buying.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for this concealer due to the very high raves online. Sadly, this is not full coverage enough for my under eye circles. It also clung onto dry areas under my eyes. Light Medium and Medium were way too pink toned for my skin. It also had poor staying power.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The hype is real.

Let me tell you about my skin. I am pale. Like, I am a hermit who refuses to leave the house pale. (ha!) At one time I was a NC 25-27 but I think I'm paler than that now. I think I am a NC 20 or something. Anyway- I'm "Porcelain" in the New Anastasia sticks. :) Green eyes and brown hair.

My issues:
Dark under eye circles. Little lines around the eyes.

My criteria:
It can't turn orange
It can't be watery
It can't be too thick
It can't give me milia
it has to look natural
it has to be pale enough for me
Must not fall into the little lines around my eyes that will add an additional 90 years to my appearance. (It happens. It's bad.)

This is a challenge. All the concealers I've tried... have not fit this criteria.

I kept coming across the same issues with concealers- they were either too orange (Bobbi Brown), oxidized on me (UD), too thick (the It cosmetics) and sometimes too watery (the Nars sheer glow), accentuated the lines (Kat Von D), gave me milia (MAC) and we won't even talk about the drug store stuffs.

The shape tape is good because it doesn't accentuate my fine lines, has not given me milia, hasn't turned orange, and has covered my dark circles - but doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing a mask. It is heavy though- and thick but it isn't TOO thick. If that makes sense.

It's actually the first concealer that I have gotten a backup on to put in my purse so that I will never be without it. It's actually a HG status for me. I never thought I would find that for my skin!

on 9/9/2016 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wish this wasn't out of stock at the moment because I want to buy it in LIGHT - I bought light medium and it matches my ever changing nc22-30 skin tones perfectly....would like something lighter for under the eyes though. I love this concealer! Hands down one of the best Ive tried. I used to use Nars creamy or MAC Pro longwear but was not happy!! I've tried many many other and would always go back because those other two at least functioned....but this one, I have nothing bad to say about it at all!

on 9/9/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have combo skin with oily forehead & nose & dry skin everywhere else. I gave in to the hype and bought this concealer. I was very excited to use it so I put it on all my highlighting areas (under eyes, forehead & chin). At first I was very impressed. A little goes a long way with this concealer so it would last me a while considering how little I used and how much coverage it provided. It was perfect, or so I thought. I set it with a very light dusting of powder and went on my way. I went to the mall that day with my husband and he commented on how "wrinkly" my under eyes looked. Mind me I'm 20 and far from being "wrinkly". I glanced at myself in a store mirror and realized how weird my under eyes looked. So I stepped closer to the mirror and realized how crepey, dry, and how much of the concealer had settled in my fine lines. This concealer found every crease, even some i never new i had! & in areas where I tended to get oily, like my forehead, it began to separate. It looked terrible! I did not want to give up on this concealer and wanted to make it work. So the next time I put this on i decided to bake my undereyes hoping to reduce any creasing. I again experienced the same problem, dryness & extreme creasing. I was extremely dissapointed in this product. I'm going back to my FitMe concealer by Maybelline. It also creases but baking pretty much stops any of the creasing. I was hoping to find a holy grail concealer where only a light dusting of powder would set it & prevent creasing because baking is not for everyday. Unfortunately this concealer is not a HG & I regret falling into the hype.

on 9/10/2016 7:29:00 PM

This was a solid product. It covered up my blemishes okay but not enough for my liking. It did last a long time on the skin. I thought it was to dry for the under eyes and any flaky skin. But if you have normal to oily skin this would be great also the applicator was way to big and gives way to much product at once.