Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

on 1/18/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Even though I had help from an Ulta sales associate I ended up buying AND returning 3 different shades of Shape Tape before finding the correct shade. It is an awesome product once you find the right shade. I found that it is long lasting, not greasy and doesn't settle into my under eye lines. I use a nice concealer brush that I bought at Sephora to apply. I am in my 60's and it is not always easy to find a product that looks this good on aging skin. Tarte just came out with Shape Tape Foundation and I can't wait to try it! .... not that I need anymore makeup mind you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far the best concealer I have ever used and I am 47 years old. It covers excellent, does not dry out my under eye and is convenient to carry in my purse for touch ups if need be... Probably one of the top 5 items I could not live without! <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY SKIN:DRY,EXCEMA,BOUTS OF PSORIASIS,AND IM IN MY 40'S.
GOT THE COLOR FAIR,FOR MY PALE SKIN,MATCHES GOOD.THIS DOES COVER WELL,GOES ON SMOOTH,LIKE THE TUBE TOO.
( BUT ) IT IS DRYING LIKE THEY SAY,YET IT SMOOTHED OUT MY UNDER EYE WRINKLES,AND AS THE DAY WENT ON,IT ACTUALLY LOOKED BETTER,BUT IT GOT PATCHY WHERE I HIGHLIGHTED (NOSE,CHIN,TOP LIP),IT DOES NEED TO BE SET WITH POWDER,THAT KEEPS IT FROM CREASING,YOU DEFINETLY HAVE TO APPLY A GOOD CREAM AND OIL UNDER THE EYE AREA.

on 1/7/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have really really dry under eyes and the worst dark circles, so usually whatever concealer I use clings to my dry areas and emphasizes them like no other UNTIL THIS ONE! This is so incredibly amazing for both covering up the darkness and also keeping my under eyes nice and hydrated. A holy grail for sure.

on 1/7/2018 1:09:00 AM

My under eye circles are SO bad that I usually have to wear 2 concealers to get full coverage. With this, I can wear it alone if I want to because the coverage is great. The only con is it is a little bit dry- so definitely moisturize under the eye before you apply it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this concealer ! Works great and a little truly goes a long way, minimizes my fine eyes around my eyes, doesn’t crease once set. Flawless and beautiful

I tried this because of all the hype and I'm quite disappointed. I bought this in the shade Light Sand hoping that it would be the product to finally remove any traces of my purple-brown undereye circles, but it is not as full-coverage as it claims. I can still see darkness peaking through when I blend this concealer out with my beauty sponge, not to mention the fact that it oxidizes into a darker, peachier colour. When I try to use this on top of a colour corrector, the edges of where I really blend out this concealer tends to mix in with the colour corrector instead of covering it up. It also emphasizes every little bump I have in my undereye area, and it's a little bit drying. I also don't get why the doe foot applicator has to be gigantic when all you need is less than a pea-sized amount of product for both under eyes.

Overall, I am so disappointed and regret that I decided to buy two tubes from the Tarte website in order to qualify for free shipping. That's $70+ CAD wasted, which is a big mistake on my part. I really took a gamble there, hoping that this would be a magical, holy grail product. I would not repurchase.

on 1/5/2018 5:45:00 PM

I have light neutral combo oil/acne prone skin. Nw20 in mac,120 classiv ivory in maybelline, b22 in chanel and creme brûlée in nars creamy concealer. Im more pink than yellow and i use Light in shape tape color range. I thought id be light neutral but it was a tiny bit yellow and a little dark for me. This is so good for undereyes and blemishes/ acne scars. It melts into the skin and blends so well. It looks natural but is also full coverage. Ive tried the nars radiant and that one is more drying. This does not make my acne dry or as flaky as that one. i can wear this alone with nothing else to just cover spots around my face and leave the door on those days where i don't want to fuss about foundation or when I'm in a hurry. Hg concealer. It is worth the hype. the only downsize is the doe foot applicator but its not that big of a deal.

pros:
full coverage
no creasing
looks natural
Feels super lightweight, not heavy
non drying
stays put
pretty big tube of product compared to other brands

cons:
big applicator lol

Edit- after using this for awhile i still love it. It looks so nice and i use less powder foundation when i put this underneath so i changed my whole routine to using setting powder instead. This is kinda like a foundation for me but i only dab it onto areas i need. A little tiny dot of this and some of my les beiges powder by chanel to set it is all i need for a simple quick base makeup.

HG concealer for me currently! Use mostly under eyes and it’s high coverage and minimal creasing. I have dark circles and this definitely brightens the area. Recently I started to use to cover redness and blemishes on rest of face, and it works really well for that! Good coverage, does not highlight dry patches that much and does not budge. I’m acne prone so I don’t like the doe foot applicator and tube product since germs can really stay in the product, that’s my one gripe against using it on face.

on 1/3/2018 6:42:00 PM

I use this in the light neutral shade for my under eyes and any pimples that pop up. The coverage on me is medium and It is one of the best concealers i've used at this price point. I much prefer it to the Nars. My other favorite though the texture is much different is Cle De Peau. This really is worth the hype. It never looks fake or cakey on me. Ulta got so lucky with this exclusive.