Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Why o why Tarte? I really like the concealer because what else can you ask? Well I know: An inclusive makeup company. That's all. The concealer offers good coverage, it doesn't slide away when blended with brushes or makeup sponges, doesn't lift your foundation if applied after, it doesn't accentuate fine lines, wrinkles or texture, all the opposite, is one of those makeup products that seems to "un-accentuate" texture and skin issues. Color selection could be better but again, we're talking about Tarte and their narrow views of skin color. Am I going to repurchase again? Nope, nope, nope.

on 4/16/2018 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$27.00 for .33 oz. It's actually a fairly good value because it takes such a small amount unless you do the whole face highlighting which I do not, so it lasts me about 6 months or more. I don't use it every day, I use others things too.

I probably won't purchase this again until they lose the doe foot applicator. It is very high coverage and will remain fairly crease free if i use sparingly but it MUST be set with powder or it creases like crazy. It also is bad about settling into fine lines. I also must moisturize right before applying or it just sits there and is very hard to blend and dries the crap out of my under eye area. The doe foot applicator is also too big. I think they did this to accommodate the people that heavily highlight the whole center of their face. I don't cover half of my face with concealer like some do. I usually use it on my lid(sometimes), nose & under my eyes. I put a couple of small dots underneath my eyes, then down the center of my nose and blend it out with a beauty blender then use a finger if I see any creasing to smooth that out, then set with powder. I have 2 colors, fair neutral and light sand and neither of them look great alone so I usually mix them.

I think the reason this is so popular is the hype, and the extremely full coverage because I don't think it looks particularly pretty or natural and it's sure not easy to work with. I usually use Touche Eclat under my eyes. I like Shape Tape to clean up my brows and I also use it on my lids over Milani primer when I want a more defined crease or a cut crease and it never irritates my lids.

on 4/14/2018 7:12:00 AM

I bought this while I was in the USA and I like to use it to carve out my brows as it gives a nice highlight on the brow bone however I hate using it for the under eyes!! I don’t know if it’s because I bought the wrong shade ( fair neutral) it just looks drying on my skin. I like how much product you get and how big the applicator is. I think if I had the right shade I’d probably understand the hype more Tarte need a UK website and to be stocked in UK stores!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product... makes my skin look great and not oily

on 4/1/2018 5:14:00 PM

I find this product covers well but as my under eyes are very dry it just doesn't work. It sinks into dry patches quite badly and exaggerates any creases. I'll try this product again after hopefully sorting out the dryness.

on 3/29/2018 10:18:00 AM

It may be easier if this came in a squeeze bottle, but that's because the formula is quite thick. What I do is dab a bit on a beauty blender and sort of bludgeon myself with it, haha. If I use the actual applicator to apply it, what I get is more of a thick spread - which I know is the effect most people go for if they're contouring, but it's too heavy-handed for me. Regardless, this is the closest match I've gotten to my skin color, so you work with what you get.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have noticeable lines under my eyes, and even if I only apply a very small amount, it settles into those lines, making me look older. Even with a sponge , or any application method, this happens. I do like that it is full coverage, so I use this over my foundation for extra coverage, but it does make me oily after a few hours when used this way. I probably will not repurchase. Still on the hunt for a non creasing concealer that is full coverage..

on 3/24/2018 12:28:00 PM

I have crepey undereyes with puffy bags and dark circles. I need a concealer that doesn't look dry and accentuate the crepey lines. This goes on smoothly and is buildable to cover my circles fairly well, but sadly does accentuate my crepey lines so I am not thrilled with it. Not bad, but not good enough for me to buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sadly this did not work out for me at all. The coverage is good and it's easy to blend, but I still prefer the KVD lock it concealer. I don't know what did it, might me the perfume since this is heavily scented, but this broke me out every time I wore it. So thus I've only kept using it under my eyes but even that has felt a bit itchy. And like others have said, I think this got a lot of hype mainly because so many youtubers endorsed it. Also the shape range is ridiculously bad for darker skin.

This is a fabulous concealer, my go to concealer. It is perfect for concealing blemishes and under eye dark circles both under and over foundation application. This product does not crease at all and it doesn't look cakey. I would highly recommend this product it is fabulous and very long wearing. Perfect for all skin types