Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.2

on 1/17/2019 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Use NYC eyeshadow primer before the shape tape!! I used a concealer brush and my finger! I it lasted all day and I am very happy with the results!!!

on 4/30/2018 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in my late 60's and I have dark circles and some fine lines under my eyes. I found that even with a primer, it settles into my lines and accentuates them. I gave it a 3 since the coverage is good. I'll stick with my NYX concealer, which is so much more affordable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very bad dark circles that are sunken. They may be due to genes, allergies, age, I don't know but they are not going anywhere so I must deal with them. I am always looking for good concealers. You can say I am obsessed. This concealer covers and doesn't fade or crease badly. I hate that it has a scent. Why? The huge doe foot is stupid. You cannot apply the concealer with it. And I end up getting too much on with it even though I dab.I found a good match in light medium neutral. I'm NC20 in MAC.

I had high hopes for this product but alas, it just does not work for me. It accentuates dry patches under my eyes that I don’t remember ever seeing there before if you can imagine that, plus it settles into every fine line that I have. My circles aren’t all that dark but this didn’t even begin to give any decent under eye coverage!! This stuff is not inexpensive and I expected a much better experience than what it gave me. Won’t be repurchasing. Sorry Tarte but there’s just nothing nice that I can think of to say about this one.

on 3/12/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cover is “heavy-handed.”
Might as well be “tape.”

on 1/18/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Even though I had help from an Ulta sales associate I ended up buying AND returning 3 different shades of Shape Tape before finding the correct shade. It is an awesome product once you find the right shade. I found that it is long lasting, not greasy and doesn't settle into my under eye lines. I use a nice concealer brush that I bought at Sephora to apply. I am in my 60's and it is not always easy to find a product that looks this good on aging skin. Tarte just came out with Shape Tape Foundation and I can't wait to try it! .... not that I need anymore makeup mind you.

I have never used anything this good, and I am 61 years old, so that says a lot. Wonderful product.

on 12/12/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mildly drawn to this product by the hype, but more so since I will try anything to conceal the hereditary dark (dark!) circles under my deep set eyes. Then, I tried it at Ulta over my IT bye bye Under eye concealer. Well, I was sold. Trotted out of the store excited to find my holy grail. Wrong. First of all, it does work well blended with the IT product. But I simply do not wish to do all the blending and prodding on a daily basis. And even if I go out barefaced, concealer under my eyes (and in a few other spots) is a must.

Alone, it's nothing special. Lightly applied it does not cover. More product, it looks cakey and dry after a while.

Pro: I like the fat wand.

I'll use this until it's empty, because it was pricey, but I won't miss it. To date, the best concealers I've used are NYX products. All good.

on 4/25/2017 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have used a few concealers in my time, but love this one the most. It's creamier than Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown and has much more oomph than the benefit stuff I've used - the camouflage, lemonade, and the Oh La Lift.

In spite of how creamy it is and how easily it goes on, the coverage is remarkable and I always feel great when I wear it. I apply it and marvel at the coverage.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is some concealer!! Only takes very little and not the thing you want for a large area. Covers my tear troughs very well and does not move. Super concentrated and does not sink into lines.