Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.8

on 2/7/2019 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my goodness! I am amazed with this wonderful product. The only concealer I've ever purchased and used was Amazing Concealer. I used to use concealer only occasionally, so it rarely caused cysts. But these days I find myself needing concealer more and more. Amazing Concealer, beautiful as it is, destroys my skin with regular use. Aging is bad enough without bringing on the cystic acne to join the wrinkles.

I didn't really think it was possible to find a "creaseless" concealer, or a concealer that did not need to be set with "dreaded" powder (not so good around the eyes anymore). Shape Tape makes so very very happy. It costs less than Amazing Concealer, it doesn't crease, it doesn't need powder, and it covers beautifully. 34S Medium Sand it the shade for me. It's lighter than my skin/foundation, but it "melts in" and brightens all day long. So far, so good in the breakout department. I can definitely use this a few days in a row without a problem. Hopefully this will continue. If so, I've found a staple for sure!

on 1/27/2019 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve been wanting to try this concealer since it first came out. I finally had my niece ( who was visiting the US ) pick it up from Ulta- matching it close to the shade in Nars Radiant Creamy concealer- vanilla.
It was a good match! This is a thick creamy concealer but applies beautifully once you master how much is needed. There is a lot of product for your dollar. It has a large sponge applicator that you really need to assess how much product is needed for coverage. This stuff spreads lake ‘spackle’ for lack of better term- because the large sponge applicator picks up a lot of product, only a dab under each eye is what I need to cover dark circles. This stuff spreads for miles lol. So there is a learning curve. It covers very well, again a good eye cream that moisturizes well is definitely needed to avoid settling in fine lines. Lasts all day and into the evening. This also covers skin imperfections very well too. This is now part of my regular rotation-a staple product. Excellent concealer, planning to repurchase again. Full coverage and a good bang for the dollar.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wasn't sure that this would actually be as good as all the hype around it. I see several beauty vloggers using this so decided to give it a go. It really is that amazing. The coverage is SO good that honestly you don't even need to use a lot. It blends seamlessly into the skin without settling into fine lines or wrinkles. It gives a lovely glow to the skin.

I use this to highlight when I contour. I add it to the under eye area, around the mouth, the center of the forehead and tip of nose. It blends well and makes these areas look younger, smoother and beautiful.

This is hands down my favorite concealer Ive ever used and it is now a staple in my makeup arsenal.

on 9/30/2018 5:52:00 AM

I am a nurse, I put on my face at 5am in the morning and don’t touch it again until after 8pm (I have bigger problems to deal with at work). Hence longevity of products is a must. I have tried many concealers (I need a stand alone for some discolorations). This concealer has the best longevity. I stays put and fresh for a whole shift.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far the best concealer I have ever used and I am 47 years old. It covers excellent, does not dry out my under eye and is convenient to carry in my purse for touch ups if need be... Probably one of the top 5 items I could not live without! <3

on 11/16/2017 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Best concealer for contouring and to hide those dark circles, sun spots, etc.. I use the "Light neutral" and it's my favorite concealer by far. I use NARS (vanilla) sometimes and I still use IT Illumination concealer medium time to time but I always go back to my Tarte Shape Tape : ) it lasts long and no creasing!! Honestly, so far the best concealer/contour I've used and tried : ) five thumbs up!

on 10/22/2017 8:08:00 AM

Best concealer I have ever used !
Use several tiny dots & get a good concealer brush like # 57 sephora to apply . I love it for my inner eye corners & occasional redness here & there. It is expensive but lasts forever & is really well packaged to keep product fresh. It is quite thick & lasts all day. I like the hard tube as opposed to the soft squishy tubes. I had to order online. You are not likely to find this at your neighborhood mall or drugstore!

on 10/4/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm always make-up hunting and recently was recommended this by someone in the office who always looks amazing. I figured if I didn't like it, I'd just return it, but it's a keeper! I have dark circles right where my nose and eyes meet. Not dark circles under my eyes, but at that point. I used YSL for years, but now that I'm nearly 50, it wasn't enough coverage. This stuff stays on and gives great coverage, yet undetectable. The product is great, but the wand is not any good in my opinion. I actually have been using the YSL brush to put on the product. You really only need the slightest dab to cover the eye area. I'm very fair and usually use the lightest color, but use light instead of fair for a perfect match. I love that they have shades for people even fairer than I am (for example my red-headed alabaster-skinned niece.) I purchased it at Ulta and was very happy I tried to match before buying it. At the Ulta I purchased, they keep the Shape Tape behind the counter, so people haven't used what you are buying. Very happy with purchase!

on 9/4/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this concealer! It's so much better than the MAC tube concealer I used to wear. This also makes an awesome eye shadow base, which I love!!

I love this concealer! I am fair skinned with pretty dark under- circles. I had quit using concealers because I couldn't find one that actually covered - they all seemed to just make me look worse. The Shapetape covers beautifully and doesn't migrate to my eye-creases. I lighly swipe it on with the applicator then pat out with a damp beauty blender. I use the excess on the blender as a sheer highlight/concealer on my chin, tip of nose, etc. It's great stuff!