Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Black age: 36-43
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.2

on 3/10/2019 6:31:00 PM

Hi guys! I have recently started blogging about cosmetics reviews. I m 39 years old almost near forty . I have combo skin .I tried this concealer first time and it didnt dry my undereye area no creasing or drying . Its wonderful for mature skin. I blended it with my finger.It was blended like a dream .It didnt accentuate my fine lines.love this definitely.

on 6/20/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is the best concealer I have ever used for my under eyes that hide my moderate dark circles. It literally lasts all day. I wear NC43-45 foundation and use this concealer in Tan Sand. I later purchased the color Deep and use this shade for a slight contour and to mix with Tan Sand to get my perfect skin tone shade. A little goes a long way I don't even need to set it, but most times I set it with Laura Mercier powder very lightly. Prior to this I have used a ton of different (mostly drugstore) under eye concealers and many would look great but would not have the staying power I was looking for. I tried MAC Pro Longwear and it was average and changed color as the day went on. Orange under eyes are not cute! I returned it and got a different color. Still wasn't blown away. So after many attempts I ended up returning it and decided to give Tarte Shape Tape a try after perusing the many positive reviews. I'm so glad I did. It's now my HG.

on 3/3/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

DUDE!!!!!!!! How awesome is this concealer :) I tried it out at Ulta, didn't think too much of it and walked out of the store without purchasing this. When I checked myself in the mirror was blown away and went back and purchased it. It covers so well, in fact it blends so well with my BB cream. This concealer has a mousse like texture and it is a tad bit thicker than the NARS RCC. All I need are 2 small drops to cover my under eye dark circles. This concealer does not feel cakey or dry after application. I sometimes forget to apply a eye cream and I still don't have any issues.. This concealer is better deal compared to NARS.
I am a NC40 girl and use NARS RCC in the color Ginger and was matched to the color Tan in Tarte Shape.
NARS Radiant Cream Concealer, Size - 0.22 oz/ 30$ plus tax
Tarte Shape Contour Concealer, Size - 0.33 oz/ 24$ plus tax

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The only reason why, I started buying this concealer in the first place is due to all the hype it gets. However, I was never 100% loyal towards just sticking with this concealer after buying it, because it's very pricey, and even though I like that it had full coverage, long-wearing, however, I don't think it's worth such a high price tag, also, it has a detectable chemical fragrance (parfum) to it. Which I did put up with due to the pros of this concealer, but, I no longer choose to use any complexion products on my face that have an added chemical fragrance to them. Something that you use on your face should not possess such a major skin irritant, within it. Parfum is meant to go on the body not the face.

Tarte boasts itself about providing products that are natural and that have skin care benefits included that are beneficial towards ones skin, but when I really started to take a good look at the ingredients in a lot of their products, they do have known skin irritants in them, and their makeup products aren't as natural and safe for the skin as they claim. Which is why, I don't choose to buy anything from Tarte anymore. For those that would like an affordable dupe to this concealer, definitely try the E.LF. Camo Concealer, which is fragrance free, btw.

on 2/18/2019 5:48:00 PM

I love the coverage this gives me but it is super drying. I think if you are thirty or older you might want to use something smoother as it looks a bit powdery after a few hours of applying it. I don't really like nor use it alot. I prefer drugstore ones like covergirl ask Maybelline fit me. Hope you find my review helpful. If so please hit the helpful button.