Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

on 3/3/2019 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have oily, acne-prone skin. This is my HG concealer. I don't know what else to say. The coverage is full, but the finish is not hideous or "old lady." What I might love best about mine is how well it matches my skin. I have fair skin with a yellow undertone. It blends like a dream and stays put. I use most often with my beauty blender, but also with my fingers if I'm in a hurry. I use it honestly as more of a foundation since I have a good amount of acne. I don't set it with powder (for a more youthful look) and it stays on.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best Concealer Ever!

Totally worth paying a little higher price for excellent quality. Amazi ng coverage, lasts all day, easy to blend.

Love it! Gotta have it!

on 11/20/2018 3:31:00 AM

Best concealer I have ever used. No need to apply corrector underneath or powder on top. Hv tried multiple high and low end concealers. This is the best of the best

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've spent my entire life saying there could always be a better undereye concealer out there, and at the age of 30, I'm calling off the search, because this is THE PERFECT CONCEALER.

I've had very dark circles since I could walk, so it's clearly a genetic gift that I'm stuck with, but have tried very hard to hide. I'd spent years and god knows how much money trying to find a good enough concealer; the best I'd found before this was Makeup Forever Full Cover.

I'd seen so much praise for Shape Tape in the past few months, but I didn't care about contouring with concealer, so the fact that it's marketed for contouring didn't fill me with hope. It was only when I got a sample in my Ipsy bag that my mind was blown; even with the sample being a shade too light, it covered completely, looked natural, and didn't budge all day!

I immediately went to buy it in my shade only to find it's not sold in Canada (?!?!), so I had to order it from Tarte directly. The packaging is kind of nuts - it's BIG! For concealer, I was expecting about 5ml size, but it comes with 10ml, and a massive applicator! Not that I mind, it just sort of makes me giggle every time I apply it. The value is quite good considering the quality and how much you get as well.

I apply it over Bobbi Brown Undereye Corrector and set it with PUR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup and ELF Undereye Setting Powder and nothing moves! Even without setting spray. It's perfect!

on 8/27/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I agree with others - this is worth the hype. Never had I had a concealer that stays on all day, is full coverage and that doesn't feel drying. It creases a tinsy bit but I can live with that. Also, you know when you're trying to cover a pimple and you end up moving the concealer on your pimple and it doesn't cover anything? This doesn't do that, I love it.

on 5/3/2018 7:04:00 PM

When I first bought this concealer I had issues with it. It never seemed to want to sit flawlessly on my skin the way everyone claimed it did! I also felt like it didn’t cover my dark, dark, dark circles as much as I thought a full concealer should unless I caked it on. When I caked it on, it creased and clumped and looked heavy. Honestly, I even started shopping around for new concealers.

I started watching YouTube videos to see if there were any “tricks” to making concealer look better and someone mention Jojoba oil. I ordered some and apply a tiny bit under my eyes and let it soak in for a couple minutes in the morning. Then I apply the concealer in triangles over my dark areas (think YouTuber triangles, but at 70% - you might have to trial and error what is a good amount for your skin) and pat it in with a DRY real techniques sponge. I look up with my eyes (to smooth out the lines under my eyes while I apply) and pat the concealer back and forth. It actually looks AWESOME now! I feel like it has to be the dry beauty blender trick because I’ve forgotten the oil a few times and it still looks good. Then days where I forget to switch sponges and accidentally apply with a damp sponge, I actually see a difference because I dislike how my make up looks! Just for reference I use the Rimmel powder (legit a tap into the product, tap off, then lightly tap over) - no baking for me.

Honestly, since discovering this “go to routine” my under eyes have looked great. If you had asked me a few months ago I probably would have given this product a 2 or 3, but now I love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this concealer ! Works great and a little truly goes a long way, minimizes my fine eyes around my eyes, doesn’t crease once set. Flawless and beautiful

on 10/9/2017 1:20:00 PM

I have considered having fillers.under my eyes because my circles are so bad. Nothing seemed to work before I tried this (and I have tried everything from creams to liquids). I was sceptic at first because I tought that this couldn't be any better than all the products I have already tried. But it is. I don't know how. It doesn't crease and stays on all day. I use UD naked corrector underneath it (the pink one really brightens) and finally my horrible dark circles are hidden!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I looooove this concealer! Bought it after I heard all the hype about it and it did not disappoint! It's very highly pigmented with a gel-like consistency and texture, it feels cool and hydrating on the skin. I dot it under my eyes and blend it out with my favorite undereye concealer brush- the Real Techniques Setting Brush. My skin is kind of a light tan color right now (I wear Milk Makeup Matte Blur Foundation in Medium Tan) and I wear this in Tan Sand. I blend it quickly before it dries because once it's set it's SET and it's PERFECT. Then, I just use a damp Beauty Blender to dab some banana powder on top of this and I'm good to go.

This is my new current favorite. It is expensive, but is lightweight and does not crease. It is very easy to blend, though I would suggest using a beautyblender instead of a brush under the eyes. It is also great on problem areas on the face. Sometimes I find myself not needing to use foundation since this blends so well and doubles as foundation when used over primer. The medium shade is perfect for me, just the right amount of olive tones.