Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best Concealer Ever!

Totally worth paying a little higher price for excellent quality. Amazi ng coverage, lasts all day, easy to blend.

Love it! Gotta have it!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This concealer got a great coverage you can't deny that!!it also smooth and erase all the problem you can have under your eye and for a long period of time!
The creases are minimal with it
So you're gonna ask why the low rating
1)the undertones are completely off
2)this concealer is extremely drying !!if I'm using it more than 2 days on the row my under eyes turn wrinkley!!Even with a well crafted skincare routine. Because its full of perfume!!!Why tarte thinks it's a good idea too put perfume in something going in the fragile under eye area?!!!Aren't they supposed to be a "clean skincare "!!???
3)When tarte saw the popularity of this product they jacked up the price!!!ITS A NO
I discovered a better concealer with all the quality of shape tape without the con
It's the too faced born this way super coverage concealer(dont mistake it with the original born this way concealer who is way smaller)
The born this way super coverage concealer got the high coverage,the ligth undertone a hydrating formula and an insane amount of product!!
Bye shape tape I will never repurchase. I hate when company think they are irremplacable and are abusing customers

on 12/15/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

My feelings for this concealer are complicated so I’ve broken it down.
Pros: long-lasting, not too drying, a little goes a long way, multi-purpose (I also use this as eyeshadow primer), easy to blend

Cons: Limited range of undertones - I got this in Medium for my NC40 skin and it looked ashy as hell. A deeper shade would have been too deep for an undereye concealer IMO. However, when I used this on top of a peachy corrector, my undereyes were flawless and remained so until the end of the day.
Other con: Price – At 35 CAD$, I expect not to have to pair it with anything else.

All in all, I’m not thrilled about the cons but the end result when I use this right is so beautiful that it has me torn about whether I’ll repurchase this or not.

on 12/11/2018 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love shape tape! It has great coverage and I love everything Tarte BUT I had to stop using it because it kept making my contacts dirty! If I got one little speck near my eye it was all over my contact! So beware contact wearers!!

on 11/20/2018 3:31:00 AM

Best concealer I have ever used. No need to apply corrector underneath or powder on top. Hv tried multiple high and low end concealers. This is the best of the best

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've spent my entire life saying there could always be a better undereye concealer out there, and at the age of 30, I'm calling off the search, because this is THE PERFECT CONCEALER.

I've had very dark circles since I could walk, so it's clearly a genetic gift that I'm stuck with, but have tried very hard to hide. I'd spent years and god knows how much money trying to find a good enough concealer; the best I'd found before this was Makeup Forever Full Cover.

I'd seen so much praise for Shape Tape in the past few months, but I didn't care about contouring with concealer, so the fact that it's marketed for contouring didn't fill me with hope. It was only when I got a sample in my Ipsy bag that my mind was blown; even with the sample being a shade too light, it covered completely, looked natural, and didn't budge all day!

I immediately went to buy it in my shade only to find it's not sold in Canada (?!?!), so I had to order it from Tarte directly. The packaging is kind of nuts - it's BIG! For concealer, I was expecting about 5ml size, but it comes with 10ml, and a massive applicator! Not that I mind, it just sort of makes me giggle every time I apply it. The value is quite good considering the quality and how much you get as well.

I apply it over Bobbi Brown Undereye Corrector and set it with PUR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup and ELF Undereye Setting Powder and nothing moves! Even without setting spray. It's perfect!

on 9/19/2018 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This concealer is definitely full coverage and a little goes a long way. For concealing dark circles, make sure to moisturize underneath your eyes or this will look really dry. I’ve also found applying it lower and blending upwards works far better than placing it directly where you want concealed. Make sure to use a finely milled powder to set. I’m using bare escentuals mineral veil to set this under my eyes. For the size and coverage, this was worth every penny.

on 8/27/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I agree with others - this is worth the hype. Never had I had a concealer that stays on all day, is full coverage and that doesn't feel drying. It creases a tinsy bit but I can live with that. Also, you know when you're trying to cover a pimple and you end up moving the concealer on your pimple and it doesn't cover anything? This doesn't do that, I love it.

on 6/30/2018 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm always looking for a good concealer that will cover under eye circles, the constant redness around my nose, and the occasional blemish that might pop up. I've been using this concealer since it first came out, and I have to say it does those things very well. I use Fair Neutral for my natural, non sunless-tanned skin tone, and Light-Medium when I've used self-tan. It does a great job at covering, has great lasting power, and doesn't settle into creases or make my skin look dry or cakey. My only complaint about this product is the packaging. It's a bigger tube, which is great because you get a ton of product! But the doe-foot applicator is also very large, which usually results in me applying too much product and somehow ends up creating a huge mess. I understand the reason for it being larger since it's meant for contouring, although it's still not completely necessary. No matter how careful I am when I put the applicator back in the tube, it somehow ends up getting everywhere and then squishing outside of the tube as I'm twisting the cap back on. It's to the point where I can't even carry it with me in my makeup bag because it's gotten on everything so many times. The only way I can avoid it is if I wipe around the tube each time I use it before putting it back in my bag, which isn't always convenient if I'm using it on-the-go. I've also repeatedly wiped away tons of excess product from where the wand screws into the tube (wasted product) in hopes that it would stop the problem, but it only lasts one or two more applications before product gets all over it again. I said I would repurchase, but I'm going to try the Too Faced Born This Way concealer next to see if that works as well without the mess. I do prefer Shape Tape over Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer as it covers better, is longer lasting, and it costs less yet you get way more product.

on 5/3/2018 7:04:00 PM

When I first bought this concealer I had issues with it. It never seemed to want to sit flawlessly on my skin the way everyone claimed it did! I also felt like it didn’t cover my dark, dark, dark circles as much as I thought a full concealer should unless I caked it on. When I caked it on, it creased and clumped and looked heavy. Honestly, I even started shopping around for new concealers.

I started watching YouTube videos to see if there were any “tricks” to making concealer look better and someone mention Jojoba oil. I ordered some and apply a tiny bit under my eyes and let it soak in for a couple minutes in the morning. Then I apply the concealer in triangles over my dark areas (think YouTuber triangles, but at 70% - you might have to trial and error what is a good amount for your skin) and pat it in with a DRY real techniques sponge. I look up with my eyes (to smooth out the lines under my eyes while I apply) and pat the concealer back and forth. It actually looks AWESOME now! I feel like it has to be the dry beauty blender trick because I’ve forgotten the oil a few times and it still looks good. Then days where I forget to switch sponges and accidentally apply with a damp sponge, I actually see a difference because I dislike how my make up looks! Just for reference I use the Rimmel powder (legit a tap into the product, tap off, then lightly tap over) - no baking for me.

Honestly, since discovering this “go to routine” my under eyes have looked great. If you had asked me a few months ago I probably would have given this product a 2 or 3, but now I love it!