Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by age: 25-29
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.6

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried a sample of shape tape in the shade light, which I find a good match for my under eye area, but just a little light to use on my face, and I am nc20. I absolutely love how long lasting this is, and how full coverage this is. The only downside is that you can only get this through tarte’s website in Canada, and you need to spend so much to eat free shipping. Otherwise, I would have actually bought the full size.

on 11/2/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this was going to be terrible.. The way youtubers always put this on, the big triangle under the eye. They must look so cakey irl. Cause this has great coverage, you don't need to use that much at all. It spreads nice, is long wearing, and doesn't crease. I do use Tarte timeless smoothing primer, that stuff is also amazing. Love this. Won't try any other concealer anymore. This is the one!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

WORTH THE HYPE! I’ve been eyeing this for a while and hadn’t gotten it because they don’t have it in-store at Sephora and I couldn’t tell online what shade I would be. While placing an order from Ulta, I looked up a YouTube review of someone who looked like they had similar skin tone to mine. I’ve been using FitMe and Age Rewind but neither erases my inherited dark circles, even with color corrector and both require setting powder to reduce creasing.
I ended up getting 37G- medium tan as it appeared closest to my skin tone. As previous reviews have said, the applicator is huge...think lip gloss on steroids. I was cautious about the ridiculous size so I just put three small dots under my eye and blended it oh with a NYX blending sponge.
Holy sh*t! This went all under my eye and up to my cheekbone...as if I had done that whole triangle of concealer under the eye! Whatever color they mixed in seemed to counteract the sallow color of my dark circles without creating a gray cast like other concealers do (yes, even with a peach-tone corrector). Usually, there is coloring between my normal skin and my attempts at hiding my dark circle...not obvious but enough concealer/corrector/powder that no one is thinking I am wearing make-up.

on 6/6/2018 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to its hype but after reading the reviews here I was worried it would not work out for me. I have oily skin and I have noticed some concealers crease under my eyes and make me look older. This concealer does not crease and looks good after a whole day at work! I have not tried many concealers for my undereyes as I don’t have dark circles but in the past I’ve been using MAC pro longwear concealer for my undereyes and that one does not crease. I would say this one is similar to pro longwear but with this you can contol how much you use because it has a wand applicator. I have also used this to cover my hyperpigmentation from acne on my face and it works wonders. Highly recommend and would definitely buy more.

on 4/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This concealer is my go to. I’m in my late 20’s and have pretty oily skin. A little goes a long way and blending this is like a dream. It looks best when blended with a damp beauty blender. Then translucent pore diminishing powder on top, but it could do without. The wand is chunky which is good because it covers just the right amount of surface area with one swipe under each eye. I will say, this is not a light, liquidy concealer - it is very thick and creamy. So a little goes a long way. This covers my dark circles like a dream. I’ve never seen it look powdery so idk what other reviewers mean but I will def be purchasing again. The only con with this is that it’s kinda messy after a while of inserting and removing the wand so the product gets built up and stuck on the rim where you screw it (kinda gross). But I’m ok with that as long as this formula stays the same! Ps also use a primer with this and if you don’t use primers..what are you doing reviewing stuff on here? That is all :)

on 3/7/2018 1:52:00 PM

Actual witchcraft. Doesn't crease and holds onto blemishes all day (I had a huge pimple and this kept it beautifully covered!). Something about the giant doe foot makes applying this so easy and fun. The only thing I want to use.

I'm in love, y'all.

Before I start my review: my shade match is in Light Medium, which despite looking slightly pinker than the Nars Radiant Creamy in Custard on my hands, didn't really look any different from it on my face. I have combination to dry skin, with my undereye area fluctuating between dry and oily depending on the time of year (it's dry right now). I barely have any fine lines, but I do have mild darkness around my eyes and my nose and mouth that I like to colour correct with the Bobbi Brown colour corrector in Peach. And let me also tell you that any concealer I will ever use will be layered on top on this colour corrector, no matter how full coverage it is, and you can try and pry my Bobbi Brown from my cold, dead hands.

Anyway, now to the review: WHAT IS THIS SORCERY? How does this concealer not budge, patch up, crease or cake? It literally stays looking fresh for hours, and it's SO easy and quick to apply and work with. Love, love, love it.

How I apply it: I start with great skin prep. Vitamin C serum, lots of moisturiser (I use an especially thick moisturiser under my eyes), topped off with my favourite Avene emulsion sunscreen. I wait for all of this to sink into my skin (about 20 minutes) and then go straight in with my makeup. I'm not a fan of primers in general, but sometimes I'll use the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow on top on my skincare if I'm feeling particularly frisky. I'll go in with my Bobbi Brown corrector, pat it out a thin layer of it under my eyes and other dark areas with my finger, let it set while I do my foundation (YSL All Hours mixed in with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk), then I'll put tiny dots of concealer under my eyes, and around my mouth, and blend out with a beauty blender. Mind you, the Nars Radiant Creamy on me hates the beauty blender so I'd have to work that in with my fingers, but the Shape Tape loves my beauty blender, so all's good in the world again. I'll do my bronzer/blush/eyes next so that my concealer and foundation both get time to settle into any fine lines or whatever so I can blend those out and then go in with my Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish powder to set.

This is a gorgeous concealer that outshone any other high-end concealers I've ever used. I'd highly recommend lots of skin prep before using this to people with dry skin (which is good for your skin anyway). Otherwise, this is brilliant and I will repurchase when it runs out.

HG concealer for me currently! Use mostly under eyes and it’s high coverage and minimal creasing. I have dark circles and this definitely brightens the area. Recently I started to use to cover redness and blemishes on rest of face, and it works really well for that! Good coverage, does not highlight dry patches that much and does not budge. I’m acne prone so I don’t like the doe foot applicator and tube product since germs can really stay in the product, that’s my one gripe against using it on face.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to buy this online (which is not always a great idea, because you can't swatch anything) but I have zero regrets!

Wish Shape Tape was sold at Sephora, it is so good. Now, I was afraid that this formula would be too heavy for my dry skin, but as a matter of fact as long as I stay away from my undereye and use it anywhere else on the face - it works like magic. No need to set it with powder, it does everything on its own.

If you buy these online, check out Ulta's description first (they did a good job and I managed to find a colour-match in no time). I use Light Neutral and it is the best thing created for someone with neutral undertone and light skin (duh!). If you want more application tips and swatches, my in-depth review here might help (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/11/07/A-Rather-Large-Tarte-Haul). Hope you guys find it helpful!

It's simply the best....better than ALL the rest! :P It covers my raccoon dark circles, it doesn't need setting and looks flawleleleless! :) I use the shade "light sand" which is a very light shade with yellow undertones ideal for NC15 skin. It sucks up the oils, so always use a moisturising eyecream underneath. It works better for oily/ combo or normal skin!