Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by age: 25-29
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.6

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried a sample of shape tape in the shade light, which I find a good match for my under eye area, but just a little light to use on my face, and I am nc20. I absolutely love how long lasting this is, and how full coverage this is. The only downside is that you can only get this through tarte’s website in Canada, and you need to spend so much to eat free shipping. Otherwise, I would have actually bought the full size.

on 11/2/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this was going to be terrible.. The way youtubers always put this on, the big triangle under the eye. They must look so cakey irl. Cause this has great coverage, you don't need to use that much at all. It spreads nice, is long wearing, and doesn't crease. I do use Tarte timeless smoothing primer, that stuff is also amazing. Love this. Won't try any other concealer anymore. This is the one!

on 9/30/2018 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. I found it to cakey and had a yellow undertone. Pass! Over hyped

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

WORTH THE HYPE! I’ve been eyeing this for a while and hadn’t gotten it because they don’t have it in-store at Sephora and I couldn’t tell online what shade I would be. While placing an order from Ulta, I looked up a YouTube review of someone who looked like they had similar skin tone to mine. I’ve been using FitMe and Age Rewind but neither erases my inherited dark circles, even with color corrector and both require setting powder to reduce creasing.
I ended up getting 37G- medium tan as it appeared closest to my skin tone. As previous reviews have said, the applicator is huge...think lip gloss on steroids. I was cautious about the ridiculous size so I just put three small dots under my eye and blended it oh with a NYX blending sponge.
Holy sh*t! This went all under my eye and up to my cheekbone...as if I had done that whole triangle of concealer under the eye! Whatever color they mixed in seemed to counteract the sallow color of my dark circles without creating a gray cast like other concealers do (yes, even with a peach-tone corrector). Usually, there is coloring between my normal skin and my attempts at hiding my dark circle...not obvious but enough concealer/corrector/powder that no one is thinking I am wearing make-up.

on 8/11/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I received a sample and it seemed like it was working well for the few days I tried it. I bought a tube and ended up not loving it for the long run. I'm a light-medium, neutral to warm/yellow shade and found that light-medium was a fine match, even though it said online it was for pink undertones. While this did provide coverage, it was too high maintenance for me. I prefer to use my fingers to apply concealer under my eyes to warm the product and get it patted in. Same for blemishes. For me, I find it gives the most natural looking coverage (I don't wear foundation or any face color, just concealer when needed). I have and use Tarte maricuja creaseless concealer and it applies this way great. I couldn't really get this to warm up and pat in. I sort of could, but it needed a brush or sponge to really pat or blend it in. This was WAY too dry for my skin, and caked and creased, even when I applied very little. I think if you do a ful, face of primer, blending, etc this might work well. This did provide good coverage with very little, just like my previous Tarte concealer, but the consistency just wasn't working for me. I returned it and will look for something else when the time comes. For now I'll use my Tarte maricuja concealer since I have quite a bit left and use so little.

on 8/3/2018 4:12:00 PM

Once I finish up this tube I won’t be repurchasing. It’s so cakey and settles into my pores/fine lines. It didn’t even cover my under eye circles even after applying a colour corrector. I have oily skin and it accentuates dry patches I didn’t even know I had. It separates on areas that I used it to cover blemishes. I’ve tried it with primer, setting spray and powder but can’t get it to work. Plus the shades are so yellow so don’t work for my cool toned skin.

maybelline’s fit me was probably my go to concealer until yt kept talking about this nonstop so ofc i had to try it

it has a full coverage on my skin, i have mild redness and the occasional breakout and it covers. it dries to a powdery finish, so im not sure how well dry skin ppl would like this

its very rare for me these days to go for something full coverage as my makeup tastes have changed quite a bit. (im currently working on using up my old full cover products).
just a few dots here and there is good for me, as i never do that triangle thing

im in between shades, and this oxidizes a little bit,
i think im light sand, i never totally figured it out

it wears all day on my skin.
it was $24 when it first released and now its $27 usd. but still ok considering how much product there is.

on 7/8/2018 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't regret buying it, but it didn't live up to the hype for me. I wanted to try it because people said it had very good coverage... And I can't agree on that. Finding the right color was hard - I literally had to swatch it 5 times (different days) before I decided on the color... I'm yellow-toned, but even for me, there was TOO MANY yellow toned shades in here

I'm about NC25 right now, and I bought this in the color Light-Neutral to use underneath my eyes and under my nose. It's a very good color for that, but I expected more from the coverage. Before this, I used the Ulta Full Coverage Liquid concealer in Light Warm, mixed with the Ulta Color Correcting Liquid Concealer in Pink, and I got more coverage out of those. Price-wise they are actually not that different per oz, but the Ulta concealer mix has better coverage and stays on for longer without creasing. The Shape Tape is more comfortable to apply - it is thin and less sticky than the Ulta concealer, but it actually creases slightly more, which I'm not that happy about. I can see it gathering in lines under my nose, even though I barely have any. I also mix this with some Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in 06 to use on my blemishes.

I wouldn't say that this is a full coverage concealer, more like medium/full. For me, this is what I choose for lighter makeup days, actually. Would recommend for those who don't need super full coverage, and those who like to use concealer instead of foundation, as this is 10 mL/0.338 fl.oz., and light enough to be used on bigger areas. If you decide to try it out, you definitely need to swatch this in store and wait till it oxidizes, as this oxidizes about one shade on me. As this seems to accentuate lines, I don't recommend it for people who have a lot of fine lines

on 6/6/2018 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to its hype but after reading the reviews here I was worried it would not work out for me. I have oily skin and I have noticed some concealers crease under my eyes and make me look older. This concealer does not crease and looks good after a whole day at work! I have not tried many concealers for my undereyes as I don’t have dark circles but in the past I’ve been using MAC pro longwear concealer for my undereyes and that one does not crease. I would say this one is similar to pro longwear but with this you can contol how much you use because it has a wand applicator. I have also used this to cover my hyperpigmentation from acne on my face and it works wonders. Highly recommend and would definitely buy more.

Its so cakey, it adds +10-15 ages to your face. It might work when u have very oily skin but if ur skin is normal/dry, avoid this concealer. Coverage is medium to full.