Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by age: 19-24
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.1

I included a little tutorial on how you can use it :) And I think that I covered all the main points. Hope you like it :) Melissa

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to the numerous of good reviews on this concealer, however, I can't help but feel disappointed.

This concealer provides high coverage, it blends really easily, and a little goes a long way. Due to my dry skin, I did not feel the need to set it with any powder, and it still looked great at the end of the day. But what went wrong? After the first day of trying out this concealer, I noticed a few pimples in some areas of my face. Which is confusing because I never get these kind of pimples (very small white head pimples, and a few in the same area)... As I continued to use this product, I soon realised the pimples only showed up in the places where I applied the concealer. When I stopped using the concealer, my face cleared up.

I can't help but feel really sad about this product because I thought I finally found a product that was high enough in coverage to hide my under eyes, but it's definitely not worth using if it just continues to break out my skin.
For anyone who is considering this product, DEFINITELY try a sample first before purchasing!!!

on 1/11/2019 9:51:00 PM

The hype about Shape Tape didn’t disappoint me! and probably my new holy grail concealer.

The texture is creamy, not too thick but has very good coverage. I love the big applicator hence just one application of few dots is enough.

Eyebag is my biggest concern and Shape Tape is so good for my eyebags! When it dries, it sets in with a very smooth texture under my eye - which hides away my eyebag almost too well and I think I look more awake. Totally would repurchase this without any hesitant.

I live and die for this concealer. It is so creamy and covers every insecurity I have. It blends so easily and sets really well. I'm in love with how smooth it makes my under-eyes look. One of the best concealers I have ever used.

on 10/20/2018 6:34:00 PM

I have been playing in makeup for a very long time now, and I have never found a concealer that is as full coverage as this one!! This concealer is $27, and comes in many diffferent shades. It has an oversized doe-foot which makes for great and easy application. I did find that it this easier to blend this out with a sponge rather than a brush. This product is very compatible with all of my other brands, it does not crease, become patchy, or move while blending other products. I do reccomend you set this with a powder as it does not dry down a whole lot. I have reccomended this to almost everyone that i know and they have fallen in love with it as well! You definitely get what you pay for with this, and i promise that you will fall in love with it too!!!

on 8/11/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have never tried a concealer better than this one! It's full coverage, lasts all day, and never creases (which is rare for me because my undereyes crease constantly with every other concealer I've used). You get a lot of product for your money as well. Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with this product, I genuinely believe I will use it for the rest of my life!!!

on 7/27/2018 5:10:00 PM

Honestly this was so overhyped I had high expectations. When I put this under my eyes, somehow it breaks down and doesn't provide the best coverage... You can still see my dark circles even though my undereye area looks sooo bright that it looks odd. I do like it to prime my eyelids though because it creates a blank canvas for eyeshadow and makes putting eyeshadow on really smooth and makes it easier to blend. Because it's not sold in Canada, I had to ask a friend to buy it for me in the States, and honestly it wasn't even worth it. Concealers like Maybelline Fit Me look better under my eyes than this does.

on 5/8/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

It's a matte concealer that easily emphasizes fine lines, texture, or dry patches, so prepping the skin sufficiently is essential. To make it work for me, I place Kiehl's Midnight Recovery oil on my under eyes before dabbing Tarte Shape Tape sparingly and blending it out with a beauty sponge. I like to use this concealer when I want to cover my dark circles on the go without fussing with setting powder, and I don't experience creasing problems. Being matte and high coverage, I find Tarte Shape Tape particularly good for cutting the crease or defining the brows. It has a strong chemical scent, and the packaging box claims it has a shelf life of 6 months. Tarte's shade range leaves much to be desired on the darker end of the spectrum. I am indifferent to the large doe foot applicator, but do see its usefulness for some. Is bigger better? You decide.

I guess those beauty influencers really are paid by these companies....I expected SO much out of this concealer. I have dry skin and redness that normally I can get away by covering with just concealer, but the shape tape was not near as full coverage as was claimed, it creased like crazy under my eyes, while clinging onto every dry patch on my skin. I love the packaging and the huge applicator but the product itself is not worth the hefty price tag. I'm happier using my $7 maybelline concealer.

on 5/3/2018 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It’s very full coverage. But damn it creases like crazy under my eyes. Makes me look older. I wish it would work for me it has an amazing finish and great coverage. I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer.