Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Shape Tape is no joke! This stuff is legit. All you need is a tiny dot on the spot you want to cover; a dot will conceal the under-eye area. It doesn't feel thick or cakey. I've had no issues with it settling into creases and fine lines, unlike the other concealers I've tried. I set it on my under-eyes with just a touch of brightening powder from Elf, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. It has a good amount of product and since I only use a tiny bit at once, I see it going a long way. Will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, and I have read that this product would be good for my skin type. The concealer itself is very thick, and drys very fast. I would recommend applying a moisturizer onto your face before applying this because if not it can look very cakey. It is has very full coverage though so if that is what your looking for I would try this out.

on 4/14/2018 7:12:00 AM

Packaging: Medium sized thick tube with a big applicator. If you travel often this might not be ideal for you. Product: I grabbed the shade “ Fair Neutral” which is a very light shade which makes it not useable for the under-eye area ( my mistake). I don’t know if it’s because i have normal- dry skin & the wrong shade but the product makes my undereye area look so dry !!!! Its a very thick concealer too which i don’t mind that much. However i now use this concealer to carve out my eyebrows & this makes them look so defined & clean !!! My fave concealer to use for this purpose!! Creates a perfect base for eyeshadow too. Overall i think i would buy this product again but not anytime soon as i only use it to carve out my brows & thanks to the thick tube there’s plenty of product to last ! If i found a dupe i then wouldn’t buy again. In the UK it ranges from £25-27 which is very pricey for a concealer to use for your brows in my opinion!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product... makes my skin look great and not oily

This is amazing! It has full coverage but does not feel heavy on my skin! Finally a concealer that cover up my under eye circles! You also don’t need a lot and that is why I think it is worth the price🙌🏻

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm honestly shook by this concealer. I never knew that a concealer could be so pigmented, and could cover up so much. I use the shade "Fair" and it's the perfect match for my skin tone. You only need a tiny amount cause a little bit goes a very long way! It works well with baking and just simply sweeping some powder to set it. $27 is a little bit off the deep end price wise, but for how little you need, I would expect it to last a good amount of time. Tarte knocked it out of the park with this one!

I tried this because of all the hype and I'm quite disappointed. I bought this in the shade Light Sand hoping that it would be the product to finally remove any traces of my purple-brown undereye circles, but it is not as full-coverage as it claims. I can still see darkness peaking through when I blend this concealer out with my beauty sponge, not to mention the fact that it oxidizes into a darker, peachier colour. When I try to use this on top of a colour corrector, the edges of where I really blend out this concealer tends to mix in with the colour corrector instead of covering it up. It also emphasizes every little bump I have in my undereye area, and it's a little bit drying. I also don't get why the doe foot applicator has to be gigantic when all you need is less than a pea-sized amount of product for both under eyes.

Overall, I am so disappointed and regret that I decided to buy two tubes from the Tarte website in order to qualify for free shipping. That's $70+ CAD wasted, which is a big mistake on my part. I really took a gamble there, hoping that this would be a magical, holy grail product. I would not repurchase.

on 10/20/2017 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is my holy grail! I started using this only recently and I'm already in love. I have a lot of hyper pigmentation around my cheek area and along my jawline, as well as occasional breakouts, so I've tested a fair share of concealers but couldn't find one which would completely satisfy my needs. This concealer helps cover those flaws up pretty well without looking cakey. I wasn't too sure about this at first but then I compared it to my other favorites- maybelline fit me and nars radiant creamy concealer- and I honestly liked this better (the amazing coverage being one of the reasons)
It covers pretty good for the undereyes as well.
This is definitely suitable for those who have any kind of scarring or acne on their face since its coverage is pretty heavy, however I use it as a day to day concealer as well, a little goes a looong way. Most people use up too much product in one go then complain if it ends up looking cakey. So I'd suggest using a minute amount.
In conclusion everybody's skin is different and even though I'm very happy with this product, it may not be suitable for them, so I'd recommend getting a sample first.

on 9/15/2017 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am honestly disappointed. For the price, this concealer is bad. It did moderately cover my dark circles, I'll give you that, but not fully. And even when I bake it- IT. ALWAYS. CREASES. I apply it and it basically says- "Hm, these creases are comfy. I think I'll settle down for a bit." I don't really get the good reviews. I wrote a good review about this earlier, before I found out. It is good for the first couple uses then it all goes to hell. I would expect more from Tarte. And if your thinking "oh maybe it's the primer or the foundation.." nope. I've tried multiple different primers, foundations, BB creams and lots of other things. I can only say two good things: 1) moderately covers dark circles.