Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.9

on 3/3/2019 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have oily, acne-prone skin. This is my HG concealer. I don't know what else to say. The coverage is full, but the finish is not hideous or "old lady." What I might love best about mine is how well it matches my skin. I have fair skin with a yellow undertone. It blends like a dream and stays put. I use most often with my beauty blender, but also with my fingers if I'm in a hurry. I use it honestly as more of a foundation since I have a good amount of acne. I don't set it with powder (for a more youthful look) and it stays on.

on 2/7/2019 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my goodness! I am amazed with this wonderful product. The only concealer I've ever purchased and used was Amazing Concealer. I used to use concealer only occasionally, so it rarely caused cysts. But these days I find myself needing concealer more and more. Amazing Concealer, beautiful as it is, destroys my skin with regular use. Aging is bad enough without bringing on the cystic acne to join the wrinkles.

I didn't really think it was possible to find a "creaseless" concealer, or a concealer that did not need to be set with "dreaded" powder (not so good around the eyes anymore). Shape Tape makes so very very happy. It costs less than Amazing Concealer, it doesn't crease, it doesn't need powder, and it covers beautifully. 34S Medium Sand it the shade for me. It's lighter than my skin/foundation, but it "melts in" and brightens all day long. So far, so good in the breakout department. I can definitely use this a few days in a row without a problem. Hopefully this will continue. If so, I've found a staple for sure!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried a sample of shape tape in the shade light, which I find a good match for my under eye area, but just a little light to use on my face, and I am nc20. I absolutely love how long lasting this is, and how full coverage this is. The only downside is that you can only get this through tarte’s website in Canada, and you need to spend so much to eat free shipping. Otherwise, I would have actually bought the full size.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Shape Tape is no joke! This stuff is legit. All you need is a tiny dot on the spot you want to cover; a dot will conceal the under-eye area. It doesn't feel thick or cakey. I've had no issues with it settling into creases and fine lines, unlike the other concealers I've tried. I set it on my under-eyes with just a touch of brightening powder from Elf, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. It has a good amount of product and since I only use a tiny bit at once, I see it going a long way. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down absolutely the BEST concealer! Little goes a long way, will last you forever! Great for light coverage or full face makeup! Cannot live without! Makeup staple!

on 6/6/2018 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to its hype but after reading the reviews here I was worried it would not work out for me. I have oily skin and I have noticed some concealers crease under my eyes and make me look older. This concealer does not crease and looks good after a whole day at work! I have not tried many concealers for my undereyes as I don’t have dark circles but in the past I’ve been using MAC pro longwear concealer for my undereyes and that one does not crease. I would say this one is similar to pro longwear but with this you can contol how much you use because it has a wand applicator. I have also used this to cover my hyperpigmentation from acne on my face and it works wonders. Highly recommend and would definitely buy more.

on 4/30/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am definitely on the Shape Tape bandwagon! It comes in a massive easy to use tube with 10ml of product, which is fantastic value and has a huge colour selection for most skin tones. Shape tape has excellent coverage for those unwanted under eye bags and does an excellent job covering any blemishes/scars on the skin as well. Yes it can be a little drying but you must work fast with this product to ensure all creases are blended out and set in place. Absolutely obsessed, just wish they'd stocked them in Sephora here in Australia. Will continue to purchase, nevertheless!

on 4/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This concealer is my go to. I’m in my late 20’s and have pretty oily skin. A little goes a long way and blending this is like a dream. It looks best when blended with a damp beauty blender. Then translucent pore diminishing powder on top, but it could do without. The wand is chunky which is good because it covers just the right amount of surface area with one swipe under each eye. I will say, this is not a light, liquidy concealer - it is very thick and creamy. So a little goes a long way. This covers my dark circles like a dream. I’ve never seen it look powdery so idk what other reviewers mean but I will def be purchasing again. The only con with this is that it’s kinda messy after a while of inserting and removing the wand so the product gets built up and stuck on the rim where you screw it (kinda gross). But I’m ok with that as long as this formula stays the same! Ps also use a primer with this and if you don’t use primers..what are you doing reviewing stuff on here? That is all :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I still can`t believe I spent this much money on a concealer, but i don`t regret it. I use it with a pencil-brush from Tarte to clean up my eyebrow area after I finish doing them and it gives the BEST job- brightens up nicely, blends into the skin perfectly and makes cleaning up the edges sooo easy (even though I use ABH pomade).When used on the eyelids tt gives the best uniform and matte canvas to apply the eyeshadow on. It does crease after 7/8 hours but I think it`s reasonable. In the under eye area, a little goes a long way. I have fair skin and when I first tried it I went full house with it, and ended up looking like a ghost. When I apply just a tiny bit, it adds so much light to the skin and it lasts on the skin for ages.
It really stands out from the other highend concealers.

on 9/15/2017 12:45:00 PM