Peter Thomas Roth Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask

2.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Flower/Leaf/Stem Water, Glycerin, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Kappaphycus Alvarezii Extract, Algae Extract, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Sodium Hyaluronate, Mica, Silica, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

on 3/28/2018 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Steer clear if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin. My skin turned red within seconds of putting the mask on, and it burned. Over the next week I had several deep spots pop up, and scaly patches developed on my cheeks. I wish I'd never used it.

on 12/22/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a PTR mask set that I picked up last year around the Sephora VIB rouge fall sale. This is by far my least favourite of the set. It's supposed to be "intensively hydrating" but I don't see any change in my dry skin's hydration levels after I use this. As you can probably tell from the picture, it has a gel consistency and feels immediately cooling when you apply it to your skin (which is nice in the summer). It has a faint fresh scent that I'm assuming is added in but I don't see any added frangrance in the ingredients list. Also if you look at the mask itself, it looks like it has tiny shimmer particles in it? Not sure if that's just a lighting thing but it was bizzare to me.

All in all, it didn't do anything for my skin. I hate wasting so I'm trying to use it up but it's been sitting there a while. I'm not sure how this has 4.4 stars on the PTR website (especially for the price) but such terrible reviews here on MUA. Just goes to show that you really can't trust retailer's review section all that much.

Would not recommend for dry skin and would not repurchase.

This mask is horrible for my skin. I did nothing different in my skincare routine, wasn't wearing any makeup, just thought I would pamper my dry skin with this new face mask, because my skin has in the past enjoyed products with blue algae. Didn't really feel anything spectacular after I took it off, but the next day, I had angry red bumps all along my cheeks and jawline. I don't even have particularly sensitive skin. Took about a week to get my skin back to normal!

on 8/9/2017 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Saved my skin!!
I used this acne treatment and my skin was BURNT and it started peeling off so I scrubbed whatever is left but my skin was still patchy and dry and flaky and just awful. It was also dull and very irritated, with a lot of texture. I ran out of my other PTR mask, the cucumber mask (for irritation and redness mostly) so I decided to give this one a shot because I already had it.
It says to leave it on for 15 min but I did like an hour and it worked MAGIC!! No texture, no more peeling, soft glow, omg..
my skin is oily but it couldn't recover on its own and I was so surprised to see the results after one use!
Also the ingredients list is bomb and my skin loves it! I have very sensitive skin be everything makes it break out. Well done PTR
Oh and this lasts for like, forever. I have the 50g size and I have been using for 3 month at least once a week. Also for the price you are paying it is worth it because you don't need to use a lot. A thin layer would do the job.

on 4/11/2017 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this as part of the maskoholic set. I have oily skin, so I don't need a mask to hydrate dry skin, but I do like to use heavy moisturizers and rich hydrating masks in winter or after I've done a rough exfoliation.

The mask has a cold gel-like consistency when you put in on your skin. Personally I prefer a rich cream feeling, but some may like this because it is 'refreshing'. It does leave my skin feeling super soft, smoothed and soothed, it helped calm some redness too, but as i said i have oily skin so i don't notice a difference in terms of hydrating dry skin.

Overall, this is a nice treat, but i don't feel like it did anything essential or unique. I will likely keep it since it came as part of the mask set, but i wouldn't buy it again on its own.

on 1/20/2017 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product for Christmas in a six-pack of PTR masks and was sooooo excited because I absolutely love masks. Unfortunately, this product had my skin BURNING within a minute of putting it on. I have extremely sensitive, fair skin that is practically permanently red to begin with, so this was no bueno. Not sure what's in here but I'd avoid if you have sensitive skin.

on 12/26/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm not too impressed with this mask. It didnt do much on my face. It was a little sticky. Good thing it was only a deluxe sample size from one of those Sephora favorites set for xmas.

on 10/7/2016 2:41:00 PM

I love PTR's products but this particular mask doesn't really wow me. The Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask is one of those masks that you can leave on for 10 minutes or overnight. It hydrates and plumps and smooths the complexion, but the results are not dramatic enough to justify the price tag.

I won't buy this one again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I like it. It's a very moisturizing mask that does what it says- moisturizes the skin. I usually leave it on for 5-10 minuets. This mask does not irritate the skin at all and it is easily rinsed away. My favorite is still the pumpkin mask, but this one is still nice.

on 8/19/2016 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mask is ok.. It does feel hydrating afterwards :|

It looks and smells kind of like hair gel. It is not a strong scent. When I applied it at first it felt cooling and then there was a bit of a warming sensation.

I got a small sample of this in a Sephora Favourites kit, so maybe you just need to use it daily to see any difference but it felt like I had basically applied a moisturizer. The entire experience and result was just kind of blah.

If I were going to use a daily gel mask I would totally choose something like the Fresh Rose mask, which my skin really loved instead of this one.