MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.3

on 5/6/2014 10:49:00 PM

OMG!!! Okay so...If you are not looking for lots of shimmer, this NOT going to be your go-to. HOWEVER, I love using this as a super shimmery highlighter. I have tried many, and this one is by far my fave. I just peel back a little of the protective covering that covers the dots where the powder comes out...That helps me not get a HEAPING amount of it at one time when I tip it over before using.

For daytime, I use this product dry with my brush. For a dramatic highlighter, I wet my brush with my spray bottle before I apply. It works wonders!!! I dust it on the tippy tops of my cheeks and go over the top of my eyes for a shimmery effect when I am in the mood for one! Would definitely re-buy, but would suggest trying it out at the MAC counter before purchasing...!!!

on 4/14/2009 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up at the outlet for my daughter's dance recital but wound up keeping it for myself. It's so pretty and lasts on the skin. Great product!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OK ... this powder is the bomb. It really gives me a super glowy look. Yes, if you examine it closely, it looks scarily sparkly but on the skin, unless someone *examining* your face, it just looks like glow. Here is my recipe for a super glowy look (so effective that my assistant, who is a make up artist (and knows from glow), asked me how I did it):

jojoba oil all over the face (under my sunscreen)

sunscreen - I use DHC's White Sunscreen

DHC's olive oil around the eyes and across the top of the cheekbone - if you don't want to use either oils then eye cream is fine but obviously not a matte one

Laura Mercier's Secret Weapon or YSL Touche Eclat on the whole eye area

Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder around the eyes

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals (small amount, really buffed in, with more applied to "problem" areas with a fluffy e/s brush)

MAC's Iridescent powder - I concentrate on the v from the cheekbones to the temple

NYC's Jamaica Me Crazy on the cheeks, with a very small amount on the forehead, down the center of the nose and on my chin

Glow on!

on 1/17/2003 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was very disappointed in this product. Silver Dusk is a loose shimmer powder that looks pinky silver in the jar but just goes on silvery. Way too shimmery for the face too. You can only use it on the body. Not a very unique product!