MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.3

This stuff is gorgeous! Wonderful when going out at night for a pretty, shimmering effect on shoulders, chest & back. I kind of have a hard time making it show up on my pale skin, but it looks lovely on tanned skintones. I'm hoping it will work better for me in the summer!

on 1/16/2003 6:40:00 PM

This is a really nice shimmer powder. It is silvery with undertones of grey and pink, but it goes on silvery. When on, it doesn't look like powder, just looks like diamond dust all over! Subtle enough for work, but glittery enough for a club! It lasts all day (which is nice, because some shimmer powder rubs off easily). And the tub it comes in is pretty sizeable, so this could last me forever. Has a sifter top to keep things neat, but I wish it came with a powder puff.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

LOVE IT! This is a magical powder, I swear! Looks great on everyone and you get a TON in the jar! One of my all-time HG's!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i Love this powder so much!! It is so pretty gives you sparkle without over doing it!!

on 8/3/2005 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

OK, call me stupid.... I got this really cheap from somebody on LJ, put it on my face as a highlighter... but it seemed too sparkly for a day look. After owning it for a couple months (and it making a freaking mess all over my counter - I will never buy loose MAC powder again. ugh!) anyways, after a couple months I get this bright idea to put a little bit in my foundation. I was so proud of myself for finding a use for this product... until I had used it (not a lot of it, I didnt want to be sparkle-face) for like a week. After a week, my -once in a while break out- skin became 'welcome to the land of a dozen massive red bumps'. It hurt like hell, and I'm still recovering. Stupid me using something thats basically body glitter on my face. sigh.

on 8/24/2005 8:57:00 AM

This review is for the loose powder form. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is b/c it seems to be too comedogenic (pore-clogging) and b/c it seems heavy on my skin. Also, I don't care for the messiness of loose powder. I'm not sure how they could have packaged it differently to avoid spilling the loose powder, but this is very frustrating, b/c it gets chunky. I will say that the container's lid stays on tight, so that's why I rated packaging quality a 2 and not a 1. Since it seems very greasy on, I feel like I want to wash it right off as soon as I get home and as though my face is just waiting to break out in pimples from this. It has the effect of looking beautiful, but perhaps a tad too shimmery/shiny and slightly comedogenic. The price is very good because it lasts forever. IMO, this doesn't look like silver at all, more like a peachy silvery skin tone. I think if they drained it of all of its oiliness somehow, I would buy again, but only in pressed powder form.

on 8/24/2005 9:05:00 AM

This review is for the loose powder form. Note that under highlighters, I've reviewed this and rated it a 3. As a highlighter, I'd rate it a 3, but only if I can wash it off right away to prevent it from clogging my pores. As a loose powder, it is extremely heavy and thick, not light and whispery like I think a loose powder should be. That is why I rate this a 2 as a loose powder, but under the highlighter reviews for this product, I've rated it a 3. I can best compare the consistency of this loose powder to that of Johnson & Johnson baby powder. It also feels the same on my skin as I'd imagine baby powder would. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is b/c it seems to be too comedogenic (pore-clogging) and b/c it is heavy. Also, I don't care for the messiness of loose powder. I'm not sure how they could have packaged it differently to avoid spilling the loose powder, but this is very frustrating, b/c it gets chunky. Perhaps they could put it in a container like a travel-size J&J baby powder, where you twist the top to expose the holes and lightly sprinkle out the amount you desire. I will say that the container's lid stays on tight, so that's why I rated packaging quality a 2 and not a 1. Since it seems very greasy on, I feel like I want to wash it right off as soon as I get home and as though my face is just waiting to break out in pimples from this. It has the effect of looking beautiful, but perhaps a tad too shimmery/shiny and slightly comedogenic. The price is very good because it lasts forever. IMO, this doesn't look like silver at all, more like a peachy silvery skin tone. I think if they drained it of all of its oiliness somehow, I would buy again, but only in pressed powder form.

I love Silver Dusk. I've had my tub of it for years, and it is still over 75% full. It's sort of a beigey-pink shimmer on the skin, definitely cool toned. It's pretty sparkly, so it's too much for daytime use but it's great for evening looks. It's gorgeous mixed with a bit of moisturiser and used on your collarbone/chest area. I also use it on my cheekbones sometimes, or dusted lightly on top of eyeshadow (though I have heard it isn't eye-safe, I have never had any problems using it this way). Great alternative to glitter, and I think it's prettier too.

I have both silver dusk and bronze, and the trick to using these is to dip a big powder brush in it...then wipe the bottom of the brush along the side of the container and even tap the brush a few times. So you cannot see any of the product on the brush. Then very very lightly sweep over the areas you want to highlight. I repeat this two or three times and the result is amazing. A beautiful sublte glow. When you apply it proporley, it looks natural and dewy. If you stick your brush in it and put it on your face and/or press your brush hard against your skin, you will end up looking like tin foil. For application, less is so much more! (To remove excess, I even blow on the powder brush sometimes just incase, because it is so highly pigmented [the bronze anyway])

I absolutely LOVE this. Silver Dusk is a very flesh-toned pink (nearly a champagne color) shimmery highlighter. I also use this as an eyeshadow wash alone or over other colors for a little extra glam. Itís milled very finely and itís easy to pick up too much on your brush. I use a fan brush and then tap off the extra powder before applying to my cheek/temple area, and a larger powder brush for the decolletage. Works beautifully with my PPP skin, not too frosty-cool looking or too Hawaiian-tan looking. Love and will repurchase if MAC still has this when I run out...which could potentially be years, thereís a lot of product and a little goes a long way.

$20, 0.42 oz