MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.4

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS. It's really my mom's, but I use it. She has had it for years and it's still not even close to being finished, because all you really need is a little swipe. I just use the fall out in the cap and it's more than enough. I like to use this on my brow bones as a highlight, but it's so versatile it can be used anywhere you want a touch of shimmer. You can even sprinkle some in your hair! This is great stuff. And though MAC is a pricey brand, because of how long this lasts, it really is worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. In order to only use as much product as I need, I put regular clear tape over all the holes except one row. That way, it doesn't get wasted by flying all over, and just enough comes off on my brush. I use this a lot but I don't even think I've made a sizeable dent in it - it really will last years, unless you truly coat your face in it daily! I like to use a flat-top blush brush to just pat it on areas I need it. It's a great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first got this, I was so afraid to use it! the color is so gorgeous, but crazy pigmented. The key is to use a very small amount, I like to use what is left on the bottom of the cap after opening. At first, the thought of using this as a highlighter didn't seem possible because it is slightly glittery, but once blended with a brush it is the most gorgeous silver color with sheen- I like using this on my face as well as on my body- collarbone, arms, shoulder, legs etc....you can even mix this with plain moisturizer and get a gorgeous luminous glow. There is so much in the packaging, that this will last a very long time- at least a couple years. This product has really grown on me the last few months.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore Silver Dusk! It's the perfect champaigne-y pink nude shimmer. I taped all but 2 holes closed with plain Scotch tape since the sifter lets thru way too much powder and therefore wastes it. It's not as stark as NARS' Albatross, which I love as well. Just a little bit on the cheekbones is lovely. I gave it a 5 in price because, even though it's $22USD, it will last YEARS! My friend has had hers for 8 and is barely halfway through, and uses it a lot and her sifter wastes a ton. It is definitely worth it. Just tape some holes closed and screw the lid on tight!

I have both silver dusk and bronze, and the trick to using these is to dip a big powder brush in it...then wipe the bottom of the brush along the side of the container and even tap the brush a few times. So you cannot see any of the product on the brush. Then very very lightly sweep over the areas you want to highlight. I repeat this two or three times and the result is amazing. A beautiful sublte glow. When you apply it proporley, it looks natural and dewy. If you stick your brush in it and put it on your face and/or press your brush hard against your skin, you will end up looking like tin foil. For application, less is so much more! (To remove excess, I even blow on the powder brush sometimes just incase, because it is so highly pigmented [the bronze anyway])

I love Silver Dusk. I've had my tub of it for years, and it is still over 75% full. It's sort of a beigey-pink shimmer on the skin, definitely cool toned. It's pretty sparkly, so it's too much for daytime use but it's great for evening looks. It's gorgeous mixed with a bit of moisturiser and used on your collarbone/chest area. I also use it on my cheekbones sometimes, or dusted lightly on top of eyeshadow (though I have heard it isn't eye-safe, I have never had any problems using it this way). Great alternative to glitter, and I think it's prettier too.

on 8/3/2005 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

OK, call me stupid.... I got this really cheap from somebody on LJ, put it on my face as a highlighter... but it seemed too sparkly for a day look. After owning it for a couple months (and it making a freaking mess all over my counter - I will never buy loose MAC powder again. ugh!) anyways, after a couple months I get this bright idea to put a little bit in my foundation. I was so proud of myself for finding a use for this product... until I had used it (not a lot of it, I didnt want to be sparkle-face) for like a week. After a week, my -once in a while break out- skin became 'welcome to the land of a dozen massive red bumps'. It hurt like hell, and I'm still recovering. Stupid me using something thats basically body glitter on my face. sigh.

on 1/16/2003 6:40:00 PM

This is a really nice shimmer powder. It is silvery with undertones of grey and pink, but it goes on silvery. When on, it doesn't look like powder, just looks like diamond dust all over! Subtle enough for work, but glittery enough for a club! It lasts all day (which is nice, because some shimmer powder rubs off easily). And the tub it comes in is pretty sizeable, so this could last me forever. Has a sifter top to keep things neat, but I wish it came with a powder puff.

This stuff is gorgeous! Wonderful when going out at night for a pretty, shimmering effect on shoulders, chest & back. I kind of have a hard time making it show up on my pale skin, but it looks lovely on tanned skintones. I'm hoping it will work better for me in the summer!