MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.3

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS. It's really my mom's, but I use it. She has had it for years and it's still not even close to being finished, because all you really need is a little swipe. I just use the fall out in the cap and it's more than enough. I like to use this on my brow bones as a highlight, but it's so versatile it can be used anywhere you want a touch of shimmer. You can even sprinkle some in your hair! This is great stuff. And though MAC is a pricey brand, because of how long this lasts, it really is worth the money.

on 7/22/2011 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Just got this yesterday, and I'm already a big fan. I read a lot of reviews on it between the time I ordered it and the time it arrived, and I like that reviewers have found so many ways to use it. I can see a lot of potential. I do think it's a product that takes some practice...if you're too heavy handed with it, your face might appear...unusually...bright? But, if you put too much on in any given area, it's easily blended away. Just for fun, I put a really, really light dusting of it across my entire face once I had the rest of my makeup on, and it gave me a great glow. Goes well over top of powder, blush, everything. I do agree that I will probably have this container for the rest of my natural life...a little goes SO far. Like others had suggested, I taped over most of the holes on the sifter with clear tape...it does make it a little less messy.

on 5/18/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE. IT. My go-to highlighter. Gives a gorgeous pinky-silvery glow. The shimmer is very fine, not chunky glitter AT ALL. And you only need a tiny amount each time, so even though it's a bit pricey, it lasts forever... Love using it on brides, too. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. In order to only use as much product as I need, I put regular clear tape over all the holes except one row. That way, it doesn't get wasted by flying all over, and just enough comes off on my brush. I use this a lot but I don't even think I've made a sizeable dent in it - it really will last years, unless you truly coat your face in it daily! I like to use a flat-top blush brush to just pat it on areas I need it. It's a great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think people could be using more of this than they need, and it's all in the application. You get a lot of product for the price, but you only need what's in the lid once you take it off the container. I put it on a table and tap the lid and then I use what's in the lid with either an angled blush brush or a small powder brush. There are a lot nicer highligher powders on the market, so it doesn't get much use unless you find other ways to put it into your beauty routine.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first got this, I was so afraid to use it! the color is so gorgeous, but crazy pigmented. The key is to use a very small amount, I like to use what is left on the bottom of the cap after opening. At first, the thought of using this as a highlighter didn't seem possible because it is slightly glittery, but once blended with a brush it is the most gorgeous silver color with sheen- I like using this on my face as well as on my body- collarbone, arms, shoulder, legs etc....you can even mix this with plain moisturizer and get a gorgeous luminous glow. There is so much in the packaging, that this will last a very long time- at least a couple years. This product has really grown on me the last few months.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore Silver Dusk! It's the perfect champaigne-y pink nude shimmer. I taped all but 2 holes closed with plain Scotch tape since the sifter lets thru way too much powder and therefore wastes it. It's not as stark as NARS' Albatross, which I love as well. Just a little bit on the cheekbones is lovely. I gave it a 5 in price because, even though it's $22USD, it will last YEARS! My friend has had hers for 8 and is barely halfway through, and uses it a lot and her sifter wastes a ton. It is definitely worth it. Just tape some holes closed and screw the lid on tight!

on 9/9/2008 1:01:00 PM

I have this and I do like it but it is expensive.However it does look lovely on and I think it'll last ages so it might work out to be worth the money.

A friend and I recently bought this in the silver and golden. We learned a few lessons while trying them out. From my experience, this product only looks good on FAIR skin. Her skin is medium and it looked like body glitter on her. She definitely needed the gold. Also, you need to use a very fluffy brush and apply with a LIGHT hand. (Unless you're going for a sweaty, disco ball style) Tap the brush until it basically looks like theres no product on it, dont worry, it will show when you apply it. A bit too sparkly, but pretty.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product after having terrible results with Belightful iridescent pressed powder, which was way too glittery for me. A great SA recommended this to me as an alternative. I wish this were a pressed powder for easier usage, but overall the loose format is worth the effect. I don't usually use this during the day, but I have and it's really not over-the-top if used sparingly and really buffed in. I found the "glitter", or in my opinion, "larger shimmer" to be way smaller than those in Belightful. The overall effect is a coolish ethereal shimmer and it's my second favorite highlighter, (the first being WnW AOS! =O) Great night-out highlighter and would purchase again!