MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.6

I bought this years ago when I was going through my "natural skin" phase, meaning, I stopped using blush and bronzer. I never threw it away, because I was sure that I could use it again one day. Now, about ten years (no joke) later, I use it for a few things. I use it as a highlighter for my eyes, and upper cheek bones, I use it under my brow bone, and I use it to make my lower lip look bigger. When I put my lip liner on, I then put my lipstick on, and I dab a tiny bit of this on the center of my lower lip. I then apply lip gloss around the dab, and blend. This makes my lips look bigger and shiner. It also helps my lipstick not fade for the entire day. I wear a nude shade, but I use lip liner, lipstick and lip gloss in order to make it last. The light powder is a great trick.

The trick I use to get the perfect amount is I flip the container upside down, then flip it right side up, and just a tiny bit of powder will be on the top; that is what I use. If I need more, I do it again. This has been working for me for over 10 years.

This powder will last FOREVER if you need it to; mine is so old that my container is twice as big as the current ones. It seriously has about 3/4 of a cup of powder left; it will probably last for the rest of my life. I have the MAC Golden powder too, and I use that as a bronzer under my cheek bones and around my face. Great Product :)

on 9/20/2011 5:08:00 PM

This is soooooo gorgeous! Perfect shimmer without looking too glittery. Really makes my skin glow everywhere I apply it(usually browbone, cheekbones). My stepdaughter had a giant tub of this stuff that she got from her cousin(they do makeup trades). I tried it once and was hooked. I knew I would never use a full size container of this so I asked if I could buy a small amount. So I gave her $5 and she let me fill a tiny container of it. Perfect amount for me and some much needed mall money for her!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Silver Dusk.

People tend to say there is lots of glitter in it, but I love it the way it is.
It is expensive, of course, but the ammount makes it worthy.

When you first open it, you see something in a nude color, pinkish-like, but when you apply on your skin, it shimmers beautifully.

I think it is a good option for the face ( it shows wonderful in pictures) and body.

on 8/29/2008 8:12:00 PM

This is an amazing powder. I really love this. I have very pale, swedish sort of skin and this is great for me in the winter when Im to pale for Golden Bronze (which I also LOVE). I have never experienced the disco ball effect others talk of, I find this powder perfect always and Im not to carefull about application I just slap it on with a big Kabuki and it always looks amazing. I have had this for about 3 years and use it every day in the middle of winter, and it is still nearly full. I would deffintly by it again even though in NZ its quite pricey, but it lasts forever and I cant imagine Ill use it up for another ten years!!!

this powder makes me look liked a disco ball. & i find that the shimmers r hard to blend. making my face look patchy. will not rec this

I recently bought this highlighting powder after remembering i had used it years ago and to my surprise MAC still made it, so i was sold! I use this product mainly at night to highlight my cheekbones and collarbone. This looks phenomenal layered over bronzer (i use benefit hoola and also victoria's secret in "glow 3") on the cheekbone and even a tiny bit on the apple of the cheek (but be careful, you dont want to be too shimmery). It looks especially great in pictures because it gives that nice glowy/radiant look. It can be worn during the day but very sparingly and its so versatile as a body shimmer, face shimmer/highlighter and eyeshadow. I love to use a teeny tiny bit on a Q tip on the inner corners of my eyes to brighten up my eyes if i haven't had enough sleep. This is my HG highlighter.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OK ... this powder is the bomb. It really gives me a super glowy look. Yes, if you examine it closely, it looks scarily sparkly but on the skin, unless someone *examining* your face, it just looks like glow. Here is my recipe for a super glowy look (so effective that my assistant, who is a make up artist (and knows from glow), asked me how I did it):

jojoba oil all over the face (under my sunscreen)

sunscreen - I use DHC's White Sunscreen

DHC's olive oil around the eyes and across the top of the cheekbone - if you don't want to use either oils then eye cream is fine but obviously not a matte one

Laura Mercier's Secret Weapon or YSL Touche Eclat on the whole eye area

Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder around the eyes

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals (small amount, really buffed in, with more applied to "problem" areas with a fluffy e/s brush)

MAC's Iridescent powder - I concentrate on the v from the cheekbones to the temple

NYC's Jamaica Me Crazy on the cheeks, with a very small amount on the forehead, down the center of the nose and on my chin

Glow on!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Its prom season and all the MA were using this on many girls. The girls looks so pretty and glowy. So I didn't think about twice and bought me a jar of this silvery loose powder. It really looks great on me NC30. I highly recommend it. Very nice! This was used on the temple and above the cheek bone. Perfect glow.

on 8/6/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pink/beige loose powder that can be used as a highlighter. I apply it over my blush for sparkle. Compared to Mac Mineralize Powders, this is definetely a lot more glittery than a mild shimmer. A light hand is needed.

on 7/9/2002 12:27:00 AM

This is a nice, fine, silver highlighting powder for all over. Produces a very fun sheen to the skin. I do prefer a puff for application though as a brush tends to be messy. Available at maccosmetics.com