MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.3

on 6/13/2001 4:44:00 PM

Here's a very versatile shimmery powder that works just about everywhere. It is a finely milled loose powder that comes in a container with a sifter and can be applied directly to the skin or mixed with other products. And no breakouts from this sensitive-skinned person! Some of the ways I like to use this product are right under the eyebrow's arch as an eye highlight, on top of the cheekbone for highlights, dusted on the shoulders and collarbone with a low-cut dress - or my all-time favorite - mixed with moisturizer and applied to the hands, arms & legs. Very versatile and definitely worth the $ :-)

on 6/14/2001 4:52:00 PM

Not one of MAC's best products for sure. I wanted to try this, and I like it enough to finish what I have left of the container. Very shimmery, but, it kind of makes you look like your sweating. Not very flattering.

on 8/7/2001 9:12:00 PM

I love this stuff, it's very sexy! It goes everywhere for a subtle and shimmery sheen. Great for everyone!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful dusted over the chest area for a night on the town with the girls. I don't think that I would put this all-over my face, just a dab on the eyes or the cheeks for that extra sparkle. Love it!

I love this product! It is the only Mac loose shimmer powder I own, but I desperately want more! It is a very finely milled shimmery iridescent powder that is kind of silver, kind of pearly, just perfect! When I first got it I went crazy, and wore it on my eyes as well as to highlight, and it looked great.My boyfriend said I looked like an angel! Would definitely rebuy if there was any chance of me ever running out of this!

on 5/20/2004 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS!!!! I have oily skin and was looking for a highlighter that would give my skin a little glow without looking greasy. Silver Dusk is a very fine silvery/pink loose powder that shows up on your skin with tiny silver sparkles. Makes me look very angelic. I brush it on (very lightly) down my nose, a little on my chin, top of cheekbones, and brow bones. The only thing I don't like is the messy container. Could use a sifter top or something. But you get a TON of product in the tub, will last forever!

on 12/15/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great for brightening up my dull, winter skin. I have used it as an all over highlighter or sometimes just on my browbone or underneath my eyes. It really creates that glowy,angelic look:) You can use it lightly for a more natural glow, or layered for a more glam evening look. This is a very versatile product, and I will never use up the big container!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I decided to give this powder a go because it had good reviews here, but unfortunately, the silvery specks in it are not milled finely enough for me. I can see "scary sparkles" on my face and I just used a touch of it, with my Mac 184 brush. Back it goes!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

(click for pics-->)
This loose highlighting powder is one of my absolute MAC favorites! This shimmery powder has an amazing sparkle and it gives such a beautiful glow to the skin. It's also incredibly pigmented, so you really don't need much to get an effect. I can't imagine ever using up this powder no matter how much I adore shimmer...

How to use Silver Dusk:

* As an eyeshadow
* On cheek bones and on cupid's bow to give some glow
* Mix in a super small amount in your foundation or face cream to provide some lustre
* Mix it with your body lotion

Yum, shimmer! Glitter and sparkle! Rocketqueen lurves!

continued >>

on 4/11/2009 3:19:00 PM

This product is awesome! Lasts forever and looks great on cheek and brow bones. It gives a dewy look that is so pretty- a little goes a long way!