MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

WHOA, glitter ball alert! It is VERY glittery. Colour is like its description silver dusk with just the tinsient hint of pink. I do like this product but in very small doses and in particular places...Definately not an all over face powder. It is a very obvious highlighter.
The only place I use this as a highlighter is on my inner eye corners. I also use this as an eyeshadow as it catches the light so beautifully on an evening out. Another way to use this is to mix a little in your body moisturiser to get a shimmer lotion. Price is not that bad for the amount of product you get (About $52 nzd). I have had mine for 2 years and still have heaps left! However, packaging is horrid. Too many holes so it releases way too much product, definately not handbag proof!

on 2/11/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is beautiful! At 35, I don't want glitter chunks, and this beautiful powder gives a gorgeous sheen to highlight cheeks and brow bones. I like this better than NARS albatross - its so easy to blend. A must have product!

on 6/23/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this several years ago to use as a cheekbone highlighter but found I couldn't use it on my face because I'm allergic to bismuth (the ingredient in all highlighters and mineral makeups that make them look awesome). Such a bummer because I absolutely LOVED how this looked-- so sheer and bright, very natural but with the right amount of pop. I couldn't bear to take it back so I've been using it as an upper eyelid highlighter ever since. It's so finely milled and so bright that it does a beautiful job of brightening my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. And the container I bought YEARS ago still has a ton of product left in it. Lemons = lemonade.

on 9/25/2010 2:19:00 PM

i got a sample of this recently and i really love it, its not too in your face, it gives a lovely glow to the cheeks, going to try it on my eyes soon. i love highlighter, and i wear it even for breakfast as well as going on a night out ha ha.

on 4/11/2009 3:19:00 PM

This product is awesome! Lasts forever and looks great on cheek and brow bones. It gives a dewy look that is so pretty- a little goes a long way!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

(click for pics-->)
This loose highlighting powder is one of my absolute MAC favorites! This shimmery powder has an amazing sparkle and it gives such a beautiful glow to the skin. It's also incredibly pigmented, so you really don't need much to get an effect. I can't imagine ever using up this powder no matter how much I adore shimmer...

How to use Silver Dusk:

* As an eyeshadow
* On cheek bones and on cupid's bow to give some glow
* Mix in a super small amount in your foundation or face cream to provide some lustre
* Mix it with your body lotion

Yum, shimmer! Glitter and sparkle! Rocketqueen lurves!

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I decided to give this powder a go because it had good reviews here, but unfortunately, the silvery specks in it are not milled finely enough for me. I can see "scary sparkles" on my face and I just used a touch of it, with my Mac 184 brush. Back it goes!

on 12/15/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great for brightening up my dull, winter skin. I have used it as an all over highlighter or sometimes just on my browbone or underneath my eyes. It really creates that glowy,angelic look:) You can use it lightly for a more natural glow, or layered for a more glam evening look. This is a very versatile product, and I will never use up the big container!

on 5/20/2004 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS!!!! I have oily skin and was looking for a highlighter that would give my skin a little glow without looking greasy. Silver Dusk is a very fine silvery/pink loose powder that shows up on your skin with tiny silver sparkles. Makes me look very angelic. I brush it on (very lightly) down my nose, a little on my chin, top of cheekbones, and brow bones. The only thing I don't like is the messy container. Could use a sifter top or something. But you get a TON of product in the tub, will last forever!

I love this product! It is the only Mac loose shimmer powder I own, but I desperately want more! It is a very finely milled shimmery iridescent powder that is kind of silver, kind of pearly, just perfect! When I first got it I went crazy, and wore it on my eyes as well as to highlight, and it looked great.My boyfriend said I looked like an angel! Would definitely rebuy if there was any chance of me ever running out of this!