MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.2

on 8/23/2011 9:24:00 AM

I wanted to love this product SO MUCH, but alas, after several attempts it's just WAY WAY WAY to glittery for me. I've read many positive reviews, but I feel that if you're over 25 you have no business wearing a product with this much glitter in it. I know several MUA use it on brides. I am a MUA and would never use it on a bride especially if they were going to set a foot outdoors. If you're young, going to a club or a rave, or as Edward from Twilight sparkling in the sun, I would say skip this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

AHHHMAZING! This product is just so beautiful on the skin!!! It works as such an amazing highlight and also when you mix it with the studio fix fluid foundation you get the same effect as MAC'S discontinued Hypereal foundation :) this is hg worthy to me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i got this from my sister and i love it! i already own and love the golden bronze one, and now i have both! This is a very pretty pinky/nudish/beigy color with silver sprakles/glitters. This is definatley glittery so it's best for nighttine use or used sparingly in the daytime. I'm actually wearing it today as a highlighter but i used very little on my 165 brush and then i buffed out some of the larger glitter with my 183. I'm loving this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product gets my vote, with one important caveat: the key with this stuff is controlled and careful application. The first time I played around with it I dusted it over my face with my #129 brush and it looked okay in the bathroom light, but when I took my mirror outside and checked myself out in the truthful light of day, I realised that I looked like a sweaty drag queen. From this, I learned a few things, namely to dust it only lightly on the cheekbones, browbone and very lightly around the eyes, and to avoid dusting it on the forehead (which I found the cause of the sweaty look). Also, I really wouldn't wear this during the day because it is a bit too disco glam for daylight. For a more subtle all-over shimmer, I recommend ModelCo Shimmer Airbrush Illuminator. You can control the amount of shimmer by spraying the can further or closer to your face and body. A light spray of this over the face and body sets the look and doesn't leave you looking like a disco tragic.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Its prom season and all the MA were using this on many girls. The girls looks so pretty and glowy. So I didn't think about twice and bought me a jar of this silvery loose powder. It really looks great on me NC30. I highly recommend it. Very nice! This was used on the temple and above the cheek bone. Perfect glow.