MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

3.8

on 2/27/2013 3:21:00 PM

Overall, I feel like this is a pretty good product. I've used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and above my brows. It's very pretty and VERY glittery. You only need the most minimal amount to get a good sheen. Upon first application I applied way too much and I looked like a disco ball. The little bit that gets on the lid from storing is more than enough to highlight an entire face. The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because it doesn't stay exactly where placed. I'm going to try and use it over UD's eyeshadow primer to see if it makes a difference. It also has some obvious pieces of glitter in it that I'm not too keen on. The container is quite large for the amount of product you get, so I know for sure this thing is going to last for years to come. At $25, it had better! lol

EDIT: I tried to use this as a highlighter again, and could not achieve the look I wanted. It looked gorgeous on the eyes over every eye shadow I tried (Electric Eel, Sumptuous Olive, Woodwinked) but it was a bit much for a day look, and with a baby, my nights are usually spent in doors with my baby, my husband, and reruns of Jersey Shore. Thus, I returned this. I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. In order to only use as much product as I need, I put regular clear tape over all the holes except one row. That way, it doesn't get wasted by flying all over, and just enough comes off on my brush. I use this a lot but I don't even think I've made a sizeable dent in it - it really will last years, unless you truly coat your face in it daily! I like to use a flat-top blush brush to just pat it on areas I need it. It's a great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first got this, I was so afraid to use it! the color is so gorgeous, but crazy pigmented. The key is to use a very small amount, I like to use what is left on the bottom of the cap after opening. At first, the thought of using this as a highlighter didn't seem possible because it is slightly glittery, but once blended with a brush it is the most gorgeous silver color with sheen- I like using this on my face as well as on my body- collarbone, arms, shoulder, legs etc....you can even mix this with plain moisturizer and get a gorgeous luminous glow. There is so much in the packaging, that this will last a very long time- at least a couple years. This product has really grown on me the last few months.

on 5/19/2010 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When i first bought this product two years ago i hated it! It's way too shimmery and even though i was using a tiny ammount of product i couldn't avoid the "disco ball" look. After several experiments i learned this: The only way to make this product work for me, is use it under my blush. Any other way of application(over blush/eye shadow/body highlighter) has been a disaster for me. You get major ammount of product but i can't recall how much i paid for this. I have to say that i'm a HUGE fan of compact highlighters and ever since i've bought this product whenever i hear the words "loose" and "shimmer" combined my answer is "NO"! I know MUA is gonna hate me for this but i'm not gonna repurchase. Ever!

on 9/28/2002 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another beautiful (loose) powder by MAC. Finely milled so it goes on nicely and you can add layers to get more "oomph". Leaves an irridescent shimmer. The powder itself is a pinky/silver. I've used this on eyes, face, chest, shoulders, etc. Stunning!