MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have tried several powder, cream, and liquid highlighters. This was one of the first highlighters I ever tried, and I didn't have it very long. It's a pale pink beige powder with big chunks of silver shimmer. I like shimmery highlighters, but this was overkill, and it wasn't very flattering. It accentuated my pores, and left me looking "greasy". I applied a tiny bit with a fan brush to the apples of the cheeks, and I found it all over my face, neck, and chest instead. It's in a standard loose powder container, so it can get pretty messy trying to put it on. I returned it. I think they just discontinued them, and now I know why.

on 2/27/2013 3:21:00 PM

Overall, I feel like this is a pretty good product. I've used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and above my brows. It's very pretty and VERY glittery. You only need the most minimal amount to get a good sheen. Upon first application I applied way too much and I looked like a disco ball. The little bit that gets on the lid from storing is more than enough to highlight an entire face. The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because it doesn't stay exactly where placed. I'm going to try and use it over UD's eyeshadow primer to see if it makes a difference. It also has some obvious pieces of glitter in it that I'm not too keen on. The container is quite large for the amount of product you get, so I know for sure this thing is going to last for years to come. At $25, it had better! lol

EDIT: I tried to use this as a highlighter again, and could not achieve the look I wanted. It looked gorgeous on the eyes over every eye shadow I tried (Electric Eel, Sumptuous Olive, Woodwinked) but it was a bit much for a day look, and with a baby, my nights are usually spent in doors with my baby, my husband, and reruns of Jersey Shore. Thus, I returned this. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/11/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is beautiful! At 35, I don't want glitter chunks, and this beautiful powder gives a gorgeous sheen to highlight cheeks and brow bones. I like this better than NARS albatross - its so easy to blend. A must have product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

To sum this product up in one word... Amazing. I have been searching for a perfect highlighter to give my dry skin that perfect dewy glow and I finally found it. I mix it in with my Studio Sculptures foundation, then on top of my So Sweet, So Easy or Posey Cremeblend Blush and it looks so angelic. The packaging is a little difficult since the siffter allows so much product through but I put tape over all of the holes except 2 rows. Also, I put the price at dirt cheap seeing as how I would be spending well over $20 over the years that I would be buying other products. There is so mug product in this, it will last forever. My dry skin finally has that red carpet, dewy, hydrated glow that I have been so desperately looking for! The best part of it all... My fiance noticed the difference and loves it!

on 6/23/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this several years ago to use as a cheekbone highlighter but found I couldn't use it on my face because I'm allergic to bismuth (the ingredient in all highlighters and mineral makeups that make them look awesome). Such a bummer because I absolutely LOVED how this looked-- so sheer and bright, very natural but with the right amount of pop. I couldn't bear to take it back so I've been using it as an upper eyelid highlighter ever since. It's so finely milled and so bright that it does a beautiful job of brightening my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. And the container I bought YEARS ago still has a ton of product left in it. Lemons = lemonade.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. In order to only use as much product as I need, I put regular clear tape over all the holes except one row. That way, it doesn't get wasted by flying all over, and just enough comes off on my brush. I use this a lot but I don't even think I've made a sizeable dent in it - it really will last years, unless you truly coat your face in it daily! I like to use a flat-top blush brush to just pat it on areas I need it. It's a great product.

on 1/6/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One reviewer wrote that this is "only glitter for the face". I have to say I disagree. While this powder does contain tiny glitter particles, they are in a luminous, iridescent powder base which is actually very versatile. If one experiments with application, results can and do vary.

I prefer a light hand when using this as it's amazingly pigmented. A tiny amount goes a long way and this makes it a great value as well. For more fun events, I like the inclusion of the glitter (on tops of my cheeks, as a highlighter), but if one wants a more subdued look, simply "tap" the glitter flakes from your brush. This leaves you with the lovely iridescent "glow" that this product is so great at achieving!

The portion is very generous... you could share with a friend and this would still last forever. I too taped over most of the holes to minimize how much powder shakes out. Potent and gorgeous - love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

AHHHMAZING! This product is just so beautiful on the skin!!! It works as such an amazing highlight and also when you mix it with the studio fix fluid foundation you get the same effect as MAC'S discontinued Hypereal foundation :) this is hg worthy to me!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first got this, I was so afraid to use it! the color is so gorgeous, but crazy pigmented. The key is to use a very small amount, I like to use what is left on the bottom of the cap after opening. At first, the thought of using this as a highlighter didn't seem possible because it is slightly glittery, but once blended with a brush it is the most gorgeous silver color with sheen- I like using this on my face as well as on my body- collarbone, arms, shoulder, legs etc....you can even mix this with plain moisturizer and get a gorgeous luminous glow. There is so much in the packaging, that this will last a very long time- at least a couple years. This product has really grown on me the last few months.

on 6/4/2010 1:33:00 AM

it is very shimmering, ideal for night occasions!