MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.7

on 9/20/2011 5:08:00 PM

This is soooooo gorgeous! Perfect shimmer without looking too glittery. Really makes my skin glow everywhere I apply it(usually browbone, cheekbones). My stepdaughter had a giant tub of this stuff that she got from her cousin(they do makeup trades). I tried it once and was hooked. I knew I would never use a full size container of this so I asked if I could buy a small amount. So I gave her $5 and she let me fill a tiny container of it. Perfect amount for me and some much needed mall money for her!

on 7/22/2011 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Just got this yesterday, and I'm already a big fan. I read a lot of reviews on it between the time I ordered it and the time it arrived, and I like that reviewers have found so many ways to use it. I can see a lot of potential. I do think it's a product that takes some practice...if you're too heavy handed with it, your face might appear...unusually...bright? But, if you put too much on in any given area, it's easily blended away. Just for fun, I put a really, really light dusting of it across my entire face once I had the rest of my makeup on, and it gave me a great glow. Goes well over top of powder, blush, everything. I do agree that I will probably have this container for the rest of my natural life...a little goes SO far. Like others had suggested, I taped over most of the holes on the sifter with clear tape...it does make it a little less messy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore Silver Dusk! It's the perfect champaigne-y pink nude shimmer. I taped all but 2 holes closed with plain Scotch tape since the sifter lets thru way too much powder and therefore wastes it. It's not as stark as NARS' Albatross, which I love as well. Just a little bit on the cheekbones is lovely. I gave it a 5 in price because, even though it's $22USD, it will last YEARS! My friend has had hers for 8 and is barely halfway through, and uses it a lot and her sifter wastes a ton. It is definitely worth it. Just tape some holes closed and screw the lid on tight!

on 7/14/2009 10:50:00 AM

I love this powder! It looks gorgeous on your C-Zone, giving you that dewy look, or as a highlight on your browbone. It's also good mixed with moisturizer if you just want a little shimmer on your face. This could be used as an eyeshadow as well. Lovely product! Would def buy again!

I bought this b/c I wanted a new eyeshadow/face-body shimmer for a special party I was going to, and this happened to fit the bill. This has been my go-to product ever since! I use this everyday as a pretty wash on my lids. When I want to spice things up a little bit I add this to the top of my cheek bones, collar bones, arms, etc. I absolutely love this product and it compliments my coloring perfectly (especially when I'm tan)!.

on 5/16/2005 8:49:00 PM

I have the irridescent loose powder in silver dusk. It's interesting, but in all honesty, I'm disappointed with it. I think that it is misleading to call it irridescent. Irridescent means that it breaks up the light and gives a rainbow-colored oil slick effect. This powder is just glittery. It's also VERY strong. Maybe I'd dust it over my shoulders or in my cleavage, but I can't imagine using it on my face. I'd say get fairylite pigment or Shu IR rainbow eyeshadow instead. If it were sold as a glittery powder, I'd probably give it a higher review. But as an irridescent powder, it falls short.

on 5/20/2004 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS!!!! I have oily skin and was looking for a highlighter that would give my skin a little glow without looking greasy. Silver Dusk is a very fine silvery/pink loose powder that shows up on your skin with tiny silver sparkles. Makes me look very angelic. I brush it on (very lightly) down my nose, a little on my chin, top of cheekbones, and brow bones. The only thing I don't like is the messy container. Could use a sifter top or something. But you get a TON of product in the tub, will last forever!

This stuff is gorgeous! Wonderful when going out at night for a pretty, shimmering effect on shoulders, chest & back. I kind of have a hard time making it show up on my pale skin, but it looks lovely on tanned skintones. I'm hoping it will work better for me in the summer!

on 6/13/2001 4:44:00 PM

Here's a very versatile shimmery powder that works just about everywhere. It is a finely milled loose powder that comes in a container with a sifter and can be applied directly to the skin or mixed with other products. And no breakouts from this sensitive-skinned person! Some of the ways I like to use this product are right under the eyebrow's arch as an eye highlight, on top of the cheekbone for highlights, dusted on the shoulders and collarbone with a low-cut dress - or my all-time favorite - mixed with moisturizer and applied to the hands, arms & legs. Very versatile and definitely worth the $ :-)