MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.1

on 5/30/2002 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so I love the product for its shimmer that's sexy but not too blatant. But I REALLY HATE THE TIN. it's impossible to get a good volume up thru the sieve and if you shake too violently (which is the only way of getting any powder up at all), you get powder all over your floor, dresser... messy messy.

on 9/28/2002 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another beautiful (loose) powder by MAC. Finely milled so it goes on nicely and you can add layers to get more "oomph". Leaves an irridescent shimmer. The powder itself is a pinky/silver. I've used this on eyes, face, chest, shoulders, etc. Stunning!

on 12/2/2002 10:52:00 PM

Not the most flattering highlighter powder I've used. The colour looks like a beige-pink in the tub, but when applied is a shimmery silver gleam. I would have preferred it to have retained more pinky-beige, as the silver seems too harsh and futuristic. The tub is absolutely huge, and would probably be more appropriate to use on the body- decolletage, shoulders etc. On the face it's just too shiny.

on 1/16/2003 7:50:00 PM

I really wanted to love this- I'm a sucker for highlighting shimmer products- but I was terribly disappointed.

You get a lot of product, which makes this excellent for using on the collarbones and shoulders- the only place where I would actually wear it. The tub would last forever if you just applied it to your face.

The powder looks like a beautiful silvery pink, but when applied is a simple metallic silver. Very boring. Also, it has a *very* metallic sheen on my skin, rather than a soft glow which is what I'd prefer. Made my face feel almost greasy, or looked it anyway! continued >>

on 4/27/2003 4:39:00 AM

I really wanted to love this- I'm a sucker for highlighting shimmer products- but I was a bit disappointed.

The powder looks like a beautiful silvery pink, but when applied is a simple metallic silver. Also, it has a *very* metallic sheen on my skin, rather than a soft glow which is what I'd prefer. Made my face feel almost greasy, or looked it anyway!
continued >>

on 5/20/2004 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS!!!! I have oily skin and was looking for a highlighter that would give my skin a little glow without looking greasy. Silver Dusk is a very fine silvery/pink loose powder that shows up on your skin with tiny silver sparkles. Makes me look very angelic. I brush it on (very lightly) down my nose, a little on my chin, top of cheekbones, and brow bones. The only thing I don't like is the messy container. Could use a sifter top or something. But you get a TON of product in the tub, will last forever!

on 6/28/2004 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all-time favorite highlighting powders. This is a beautiful translucent powder with a refined silvery pink shimmer. It give my skin the perfect dewy wet look. This is a high quality, versatile powder (I also use this on the eyes and lips). A must have!!!

on 8/3/2005 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

OK, call me stupid.... I got this really cheap from somebody on LJ, put it on my face as a highlighter... but it seemed too sparkly for a day look. After owning it for a couple months (and it making a freaking mess all over my counter - I will never buy loose MAC powder again. ugh!) anyways, after a couple months I get this bright idea to put a little bit in my foundation. I was so proud of myself for finding a use for this product... until I had used it (not a lot of it, I didnt want to be sparkle-face) for like a week. After a week, my -once in a while break out- skin became 'welcome to the land of a dozen massive red bumps'. It hurt like hell, and I'm still recovering. Stupid me using something thats basically body glitter on my face. sigh.

this powder makes me look liked a disco ball. & i find that the shimmers r hard to blend. making my face look patchy. will not rec this

This is becoming one of my fav MAC products. It looks extremely gorgeous if applied correctly. I use it with my 184 brush and it looks perfectly glowy on my skin. I will definitely repurchase.