MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

on 4/9/2011 11:08:00 PM

I use this every single day, on my face, down my neck, and sometimes on my shoulders. The color is a light beige,and there's a shimmer to it that is so pretty. But it's not so much shimmer that makes you glow like an alien. I've tried several other brands of shimmering powder, and this one takes the cake.

If I have on jeans when I apply it, I always put a towel on the jeans, cause I get powder everywhere. I cringe about thinking if they ever did away with this product, OMG, what would I do? I've been using this for years. YES, it is so worth the price.

on 1/6/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One reviewer wrote that this is "only glitter for the face". I have to say I disagree. While this powder does contain tiny glitter particles, they are in a luminous, iridescent powder base which is actually very versatile. If one experiments with application, results can and do vary.

I prefer a light hand when using this as it's amazingly pigmented. A tiny amount goes a long way and this makes it a great value as well. For more fun events, I like the inclusion of the glitter (on tops of my cheeks, as a highlighter), but if one wants a more subdued look, simply "tap" the glitter flakes from your brush. This leaves you with the lovely iridescent "glow" that this product is so great at achieving!

The portion is very generous... you could share with a friend and this would still last forever. I too taped over most of the holes to minimize how much powder shakes out. Potent and gorgeous - love it!