MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.7

on 6/23/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this several years ago to use as a cheekbone highlighter but found I couldn't use it on my face because I'm allergic to bismuth (the ingredient in all highlighters and mineral makeups that make them look awesome). Such a bummer because I absolutely LOVED how this looked-- so sheer and bright, very natural but with the right amount of pop. I couldn't bear to take it back so I've been using it as an upper eyelid highlighter ever since. It's so finely milled and so bright that it does a beautiful job of brightening my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. And the container I bought YEARS ago still has a ton of product left in it. Lemons = lemonade.

on 5/18/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE. IT. My go-to highlighter. Gives a gorgeous pinky-silvery glow. The shimmer is very fine, not chunky glitter AT ALL. And you only need a tiny amount each time, so even though it's a bit pricey, it lasts forever... Love using it on brides, too. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

AHHHMAZING! This product is just so beautiful on the skin!!! It works as such an amazing highlight and also when you mix it with the studio fix fluid foundation you get the same effect as MAC'S discontinued Hypereal foundation :) this is hg worthy to me!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this powder and yes, a little goes a long way. It is nice lightly dusted on shoulders and chest/ collar bone and used on cheeks under blush it gives a nice glow/shimmer. It is also nice mixed in a little lotion and applied on legs. Nice for summer. It could be used in sooo many ways!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product after having terrible results with Belightful iridescent pressed powder, which was way too glittery for me. A great SA recommended this to me as an alternative. I wish this were a pressed powder for easier usage, but overall the loose format is worth the effect. I don't usually use this during the day, but I have and it's really not over-the-top if used sparingly and really buffed in. I found the "glitter", or in my opinion, "larger shimmer" to be way smaller than those in Belightful. The overall effect is a coolish ethereal shimmer and it's my second favorite highlighter, (the first being WnW AOS! =O) Great night-out highlighter and would purchase again!

on 12/15/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great for brightening up my dull, winter skin. I have used it as an all over highlighter or sometimes just on my browbone or underneath my eyes. It really creates that glowy,angelic look:) You can use it lightly for a more natural glow, or layered for a more glam evening look. This is a very versatile product, and I will never use up the big container!

on 8/6/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pink/beige loose powder that can be used as a highlighter. I apply it over my blush for sparkle. Compared to Mac Mineralize Powders, this is definetely a lot more glittery than a mild shimmer. A light hand is needed.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful dusted over the chest area for a night on the town with the girls. I don't think that I would put this all-over my face, just a dab on the eyes or the cheeks for that extra sparkle. Love it!

on 12/29/2002 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had my Silver Dusk for years and I have not made a dent in it. This is so versatile, a shimmery silver toned loose powder that is not too glittery, nor too cool toned for my yellow toned skin.

You can use it as a highlight on the cheekbones, on the browbone, but my favorite way to use this, is mix it with a little Johnson and Johnson's Baby Oil Gel and smooth it on my arms. Especially during the summer when my arms are tan, it looks SO GOOD.