MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

on 2/27/2013 3:21:00 PM

Overall, I feel like this is a pretty good product. I've used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and above my brows. It's very pretty and VERY glittery. You only need the most minimal amount to get a good sheen. Upon first application I applied way too much and I looked like a disco ball. The little bit that gets on the lid from storing is more than enough to highlight an entire face. The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because it doesn't stay exactly where placed. I'm going to try and use it over UD's eyeshadow primer to see if it makes a difference. It also has some obvious pieces of glitter in it that I'm not too keen on. The container is quite large for the amount of product you get, so I know for sure this thing is going to last for years to come. At $25, it had better! lol

EDIT: I tried to use this as a highlighter again, and could not achieve the look I wanted. It looked gorgeous on the eyes over every eye shadow I tried (Electric Eel, Sumptuous Olive, Woodwinked) but it was a bit much for a day look, and with a baby, my nights are usually spent in doors with my baby, my husband, and reruns of Jersey Shore. Thus, I returned this. I wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS. It's really my mom's, but I use it. She has had it for years and it's still not even close to being finished, because all you really need is a little swipe. I just use the fall out in the cap and it's more than enough. I like to use this on my brow bones as a highlight, but it's so versatile it can be used anywhere you want a touch of shimmer. You can even sprinkle some in your hair! This is great stuff. And though MAC is a pricey brand, because of how long this lasts, it really is worth the money.

on 5/19/2010 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When i first bought this product two years ago i hated it! It's way too shimmery and even though i was using a tiny ammount of product i couldn't avoid the "disco ball" look. After several experiments i learned this: The only way to make this product work for me, is use it under my blush. Any other way of application(over blush/eye shadow/body highlighter) has been a disaster for me. You get major ammount of product but i can't recall how much i paid for this. I have to say that i'm a HUGE fan of compact highlighters and ever since i've bought this product whenever i hear the words "loose" and "shimmer" combined my answer is "NO"! I know MUA is gonna hate me for this but i'm not gonna repurchase. Ever!

on 7/14/2009 10:50:00 AM

I love this powder! It looks gorgeous on your C-Zone, giving you that dewy look, or as a highlight on your browbone. It's also good mixed with moisturizer if you just want a little shimmer on your face. This could be used as an eyeshadow as well. Lovely product! Would def buy again!

Not that I've needed to purchase again, but I would! It lasts forever, and a little goes a long way. During the day i mix with my foundation, and use to highlight my eyebrows, and in the evening I use it with some cheek stain and on my arms and chest.
Looks great!

I recently bought this highlighting powder after remembering i had used it years ago and to my surprise MAC still made it, so i was sold! I use this product mainly at night to highlight my cheekbones and collarbone. This looks phenomenal layered over bronzer (i use benefit hoola and also victoria's secret in "glow 3") on the cheekbone and even a tiny bit on the apple of the cheek (but be careful, you dont want to be too shimmery). It looks especially great in pictures because it gives that nice glowy/radiant look. It can be worn during the day but very sparingly and its so versatile as a body shimmer, face shimmer/highlighter and eyeshadow. I love to use a teeny tiny bit on a Q tip on the inner corners of my eyes to brighten up my eyes if i haven't had enough sleep. This is my HG highlighter.

on 8/3/2005 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

OK, call me stupid.... I got this really cheap from somebody on LJ, put it on my face as a highlighter... but it seemed too sparkly for a day look. After owning it for a couple months (and it making a freaking mess all over my counter - I will never buy loose MAC powder again. ugh!) anyways, after a couple months I get this bright idea to put a little bit in my foundation. I was so proud of myself for finding a use for this product... until I had used it (not a lot of it, I didnt want to be sparkle-face) for like a week. After a week, my -once in a while break out- skin became 'welcome to the land of a dozen massive red bumps'. It hurt like hell, and I'm still recovering. Stupid me using something thats basically body glitter on my face. sigh.

on 9/11/2004 11:46:00 PM

I've tried SOOOOO many body shimmers before i bought this one. I was walking around sephora and the mall with both my arms covered with different body shimmers from almost every brand out there and i finally settled on this one. I liked it mainly because all my friends liked it the best on. haha..The particles are very fine. It's a silver/pink iridescent color and makes your body look very angelic. I apply this with a powder brush all over my body and chest after i put lotion on (it helps it stay on) I wore this on a date and my bf loved it! =) I wear this to clubs and people always notice it.. even in the dark! With the help of the lotion, the stay power is pretty good, even after clubbing/dancing its still there. Another PLUS is that it's cheaper than all the other brands...US $19.

I love this product! It is the only Mac loose shimmer powder I own, but I desperately want more! It is a very finely milled shimmery iridescent powder that is kind of silver, kind of pearly, just perfect! When I first got it I went crazy, and wore it on my eyes as well as to highlight, and it looked great.My boyfriend said I looked like an angel! Would definitely rebuy if there was any chance of me ever running out of this!

on 7/7/2003 5:35:00 PM

This product is awesome! It has so many uses--- eye shadow, highlighter, can be mixed with lotion to make skin glisten; pretty much anything you want to do with it. It's a nice shimmery/sliverish color--- I don't really notice a color as much as it just adds shimmer. A little goes a looonnng way with this. I think I'll have this container forever- and I used it almost everyday! If I ever run out though you can bet I'll buy it again... can you tell I love it?