MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.1

on 5/6/2014 10:49:00 PM

OMG!!! Okay so...If you are not looking for lots of shimmer, this NOT going to be your go-to. HOWEVER, I love using this as a super shimmery highlighter. I have tried many, and this one is by far my fave. I just peel back a little of the protective covering that covers the dots where the powder comes out...That helps me not get a HEAPING amount of it at one time when I tip it over before using.

For daytime, I use this product dry with my brush. For a dramatic highlighter, I wet my brush with my spray bottle before I apply. It works wonders!!! I dust it on the tippy tops of my cheeks and go over the top of my eyes for a shimmery effect when I am in the mood for one! Would definitely re-buy, but would suggest trying it out at the MAC counter before purchasing...!!!

on 2/27/2013 3:21:00 PM

Overall, I feel like this is a pretty good product. I've used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and above my brows. It's very pretty and VERY glittery. You only need the most minimal amount to get a good sheen. Upon first application I applied way too much and I looked like a disco ball. The little bit that gets on the lid from storing is more than enough to highlight an entire face. The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because it doesn't stay exactly where placed. I'm going to try and use it over UD's eyeshadow primer to see if it makes a difference. It also has some obvious pieces of glitter in it that I'm not too keen on. The container is quite large for the amount of product you get, so I know for sure this thing is going to last for years to come. At $25, it had better! lol

EDIT: I tried to use this as a highlighter again, and could not achieve the look I wanted. It looked gorgeous on the eyes over every eye shadow I tried (Electric Eel, Sumptuous Olive, Woodwinked) but it was a bit much for a day look, and with a baby, my nights are usually spent in doors with my baby, my husband, and reruns of Jersey Shore. Thus, I returned this. I wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS. It's really my mom's, but I use it. She has had it for years and it's still not even close to being finished, because all you really need is a little swipe. I just use the fall out in the cap and it's more than enough. I like to use this on my brow bones as a highlight, but it's so versatile it can be used anywhere you want a touch of shimmer. You can even sprinkle some in your hair! This is great stuff. And though MAC is a pricey brand, because of how long this lasts, it really is worth the money.

on 8/23/2011 9:24:00 AM

I wanted to love this product SO MUCH, but alas, after several attempts it's just WAY WAY WAY to glittery for me. I've read many positive reviews, but I feel that if you're over 25 you have no business wearing a product with this much glitter in it. I know several MUA use it on brides. I am a MUA and would never use it on a bride especially if they were going to set a foot outdoors. If you're young, going to a club or a rave, or as Edward from Twilight sparkling in the sun, I would say skip this product.

on 7/22/2011 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Just got this yesterday, and I'm already a big fan. I read a lot of reviews on it between the time I ordered it and the time it arrived, and I like that reviewers have found so many ways to use it. I can see a lot of potential. I do think it's a product that takes some practice...if you're too heavy handed with it, your face might appear...unusually...bright? But, if you put too much on in any given area, it's easily blended away. Just for fun, I put a really, really light dusting of it across my entire face once I had the rest of my makeup on, and it gave me a great glow. Goes well over top of powder, blush, everything. I do agree that I will probably have this container for the rest of my natural life...a little goes SO far. Like others had suggested, I taped over most of the holes on the sifter with clear tape...it does make it a little less messy.

on 2/22/2011 7:12:00 AM

Love this stuff! I went to the counter to get a wedding makeover and this is what was suggested to me.....it's incredible. I added this on top of my blush and in my eye highlight area...and even looking at my wedding pic now 5 years later, I was glowing (and not just cuz I was getting married). I had lost it until this past weekend and I rekindled my love with it as I haven't stopped using it since! I work 12 hour night shifts and I often run around and get flushed red cheeks, which when I do wear a light peach blush makes me look like a drag queen, now I don't apply blush to work anymore, I just wear this lightly and I look healthy and glowy while I run around. Not to mention it will NEVER run out as I just apply what is in the lid. Will last forever.

on 8/5/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was very surprised to like this. i'm a NC43/45 and thought it would be way too shimmery on me. it you use a small amount it looks great.

on 6/4/2010 1:33:00 AM

it is very shimmering, ideal for night occasions!

on 5/19/2010 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When i first bought this product two years ago i hated it! It's way too shimmery and even though i was using a tiny ammount of product i couldn't avoid the "disco ball" look. After several experiments i learned this: The only way to make this product work for me, is use it under my blush. Any other way of application(over blush/eye shadow/body highlighter) has been a disaster for me. You get major ammount of product but i can't recall how much i paid for this. I have to say that i'm a HUGE fan of compact highlighters and ever since i've bought this product whenever i hear the words "loose" and "shimmer" combined my answer is "NO"! I know MUA is gonna hate me for this but i'm not gonna repurchase. Ever!

on 7/14/2009 10:50:00 AM

I love this powder! It looks gorgeous on your C-Zone, giving you that dewy look, or as a highlight on your browbone. It's also good mixed with moisturizer if you just want a little shimmer on your face. This could be used as an eyeshadow as well. Lovely product! Would def buy again!