MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. In order to only use as much product as I need, I put regular clear tape over all the holes except one row. That way, it doesn't get wasted by flying all over, and just enough comes off on my brush. I use this a lot but I don't even think I've made a sizeable dent in it - it really will last years, unless you truly coat your face in it daily! I like to use a flat-top blush brush to just pat it on areas I need it. It's a great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first got this, I was so afraid to use it! the color is so gorgeous, but crazy pigmented. The key is to use a very small amount, I like to use what is left on the bottom of the cap after opening. At first, the thought of using this as a highlighter didn't seem possible because it is slightly glittery, but once blended with a brush it is the most gorgeous silver color with sheen- I like using this on my face as well as on my body- collarbone, arms, shoulder, legs etc....you can even mix this with plain moisturizer and get a gorgeous luminous glow. There is so much in the packaging, that this will last a very long time- at least a couple years. This product has really grown on me the last few months.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore Silver Dusk! It's the perfect champaigne-y pink nude shimmer. I taped all but 2 holes closed with plain Scotch tape since the sifter lets thru way too much powder and therefore wastes it. It's not as stark as NARS' Albatross, which I love as well. Just a little bit on the cheekbones is lovely. I gave it a 5 in price because, even though it's $22USD, it will last YEARS! My friend has had hers for 8 and is barely halfway through, and uses it a lot and her sifter wastes a ton. It is definitely worth it. Just tape some holes closed and screw the lid on tight!

on 4/11/2009 3:19:00 PM

This product is awesome! Lasts forever and looks great on cheek and brow bones. It gives a dewy look that is so pretty- a little goes a long way!

on 8/29/2008 8:12:00 PM

This is an amazing powder. I really love this. I have very pale, swedish sort of skin and this is great for me in the winter when Im to pale for Golden Bronze (which I also LOVE). I have never experienced the disco ball effect others talk of, I find this powder perfect always and Im not to carefull about application I just slap it on with a big Kabuki and it always looks amazing. I have had this for about 3 years and use it every day in the middle of winter, and it is still nearly full. I would deffintly by it again even though in NZ its quite pricey, but it lasts forever and I cant imagine Ill use it up for another ten years!!!

I have both silver dusk and bronze, and the trick to using these is to dip a big powder brush in it...then wipe the bottom of the brush along the side of the container and even tap the brush a few times. So you cannot see any of the product on the brush. Then very very lightly sweep over the areas you want to highlight. I repeat this two or three times and the result is amazing. A beautiful sublte glow. When you apply it proporley, it looks natural and dewy. If you stick your brush in it and put it on your face and/or press your brush hard against your skin, you will end up looking like tin foil. For application, less is so much more! (To remove excess, I even blow on the powder brush sometimes just incase, because it is so highly pigmented [the bronze anyway])

on 5/16/2005 8:49:00 PM

I have the irridescent loose powder in silver dusk. It's interesting, but in all honesty, I'm disappointed with it. I think that it is misleading to call it irridescent. Irridescent means that it breaks up the light and gives a rainbow-colored oil slick effect. This powder is just glittery. It's also VERY strong. Maybe I'd dust it over my shoulders or in my cleavage, but I can't imagine using it on my face. I'd say get fairylite pigment or Shu IR rainbow eyeshadow instead. If it were sold as a glittery powder, I'd probably give it a higher review. But as an irridescent powder, it falls short.

on 4/18/2004 10:27:00 AM

I absolutely love the color.. like everyone said, its a beige shimmer powder with some slight pink and silver tones. Looks gorgeous on and its very versatile but it doesn't stay on. I can put some on.... and 5 seconds later most of its off already :(

Maybe I should try putting it on with a lotion I guess??

I love this stuff! Most sparkle dusts never come on as noticable as this one! MAC got Silver Dusk right on the money. It's more of a pinky irridescent color than silver/white but I love that! It's gorgeous!!!

on 1/8/2003 2:52:00 PM

oooohhh i received Silver Dusk in a swap and immediately fell in love with the shimmery iridescent light pink powder. I use this powder on my eyes and cheeks for a snowy, sparkly look. I didn't find the powder to be too overbearing, it added the perfect amount of shimmer to my face. Try this over Mac Angel blush and it's to die for! I must get more!