MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.5

I bought this years ago when I was going through my "natural skin" phase, meaning, I stopped using blush and bronzer. I never threw it away, because I was sure that I could use it again one day. Now, about ten years (no joke) later, I use it for a few things. I use it as a highlighter for my eyes, and upper cheek bones, I use it under my brow bone, and I use it to make my lower lip look bigger. When I put my lip liner on, I then put my lipstick on, and I dab a tiny bit of this on the center of my lower lip. I then apply lip gloss around the dab, and blend. This makes my lips look bigger and shiner. It also helps my lipstick not fade for the entire day. I wear a nude shade, but I use lip liner, lipstick and lip gloss in order to make it last. The light powder is a great trick.

The trick I use to get the perfect amount is I flip the container upside down, then flip it right side up, and just a tiny bit of powder will be on the top; that is what I use. If I need more, I do it again. This has been working for me for over 10 years.

This powder will last FOREVER if you need it to; mine is so old that my container is twice as big as the current ones. It seriously has about 3/4 of a cup of powder left; it will probably last for the rest of my life. I have the MAC Golden powder too, and I use that as a bronzer under my cheek bones and around my face. Great Product :)

on 2/11/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is beautiful! At 35, I don't want glitter chunks, and this beautiful powder gives a gorgeous sheen to highlight cheeks and brow bones. I like this better than NARS albatross - its so easy to blend. A must have product!

on 4/9/2011 11:08:00 PM

I use this every single day, on my face, down my neck, and sometimes on my shoulders. The color is a light beige,and there's a shimmer to it that is so pretty. But it's not so much shimmer that makes you glow like an alien. I've tried several other brands of shimmering powder, and this one takes the cake.

If I have on jeans when I apply it, I always put a towel on the jeans, cause I get powder everywhere. I cringe about thinking if they ever did away with this product, OMG, what would I do? I've been using this for years. YES, it is so worth the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. In order to only use as much product as I need, I put regular clear tape over all the holes except one row. That way, it doesn't get wasted by flying all over, and just enough comes off on my brush. I use this a lot but I don't even think I've made a sizeable dent in it - it really will last years, unless you truly coat your face in it daily! I like to use a flat-top blush brush to just pat it on areas I need it. It's a great product.

on 1/6/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One reviewer wrote that this is "only glitter for the face". I have to say I disagree. While this powder does contain tiny glitter particles, they are in a luminous, iridescent powder base which is actually very versatile. If one experiments with application, results can and do vary.

I prefer a light hand when using this as it's amazingly pigmented. A tiny amount goes a long way and this makes it a great value as well. For more fun events, I like the inclusion of the glitter (on tops of my cheeks, as a highlighter), but if one wants a more subdued look, simply "tap" the glitter flakes from your brush. This leaves you with the lovely iridescent "glow" that this product is so great at achieving!

The portion is very generous... you could share with a friend and this would still last forever. I too taped over most of the holes to minimize how much powder shakes out. Potent and gorgeous - love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first got this, I was so afraid to use it! the color is so gorgeous, but crazy pigmented. The key is to use a very small amount, I like to use what is left on the bottom of the cap after opening. At first, the thought of using this as a highlighter didn't seem possible because it is slightly glittery, but once blended with a brush it is the most gorgeous silver color with sheen- I like using this on my face as well as on my body- collarbone, arms, shoulder, legs etc....you can even mix this with plain moisturizer and get a gorgeous luminous glow. There is so much in the packaging, that this will last a very long time- at least a couple years. This product has really grown on me the last few months.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore Silver Dusk! It's the perfect champaigne-y pink nude shimmer. I taped all but 2 holes closed with plain Scotch tape since the sifter lets thru way too much powder and therefore wastes it. It's not as stark as NARS' Albatross, which I love as well. Just a little bit on the cheekbones is lovely. I gave it a 5 in price because, even though it's $22USD, it will last YEARS! My friend has had hers for 8 and is barely halfway through, and uses it a lot and her sifter wastes a ton. It is definitely worth it. Just tape some holes closed and screw the lid on tight!

on 4/11/2009 3:19:00 PM

This product is awesome! Lasts forever and looks great on cheek and brow bones. It gives a dewy look that is so pretty- a little goes a long way!

on 9/9/2008 1:01:00 PM

I have this and I do like it but it is expensive.However it does look lovely on and I think it'll last ages so it might work out to be worth the money.

on 8/29/2008 8:12:00 PM

This is an amazing powder. I really love this. I have very pale, swedish sort of skin and this is great for me in the winter when Im to pale for Golden Bronze (which I also LOVE). I have never experienced the disco ball effect others talk of, I find this powder perfect always and Im not to carefull about application I just slap it on with a big Kabuki and it always looks amazing. I have had this for about 3 years and use it every day in the middle of winter, and it is still nearly full. I would deffintly by it again even though in NZ its quite pricey, but it lasts forever and I cant imagine Ill use it up for another ten years!!!