MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

(click for pics-->)
This loose highlighting powder is one of my absolute MAC favorites! This shimmery powder has an amazing sparkle and it gives such a beautiful glow to the skin. It's also incredibly pigmented, so you really don't need much to get an effect. I can't imagine ever using up this powder no matter how much I adore shimmer...

How to use Silver Dusk:

* As an eyeshadow
* On cheek bones and on cupid's bow to give some glow
* Mix in a super small amount in your foundation or face cream to provide some lustre
* Mix it with your body lotion

Yum, shimmer! Glitter and sparkle! Rocketqueen lurves!

continued >>

this powder makes me look liked a disco ball. & i find that the shimmers r hard to blend. making my face look patchy. will not rec this

I love Silver Dusk. I've had my tub of it for years, and it is still over 75% full. It's sort of a beigey-pink shimmer on the skin, definitely cool toned. It's pretty sparkly, so it's too much for daytime use but it's great for evening looks. It's gorgeous mixed with a bit of moisturiser and used on your collarbone/chest area. I also use it on my cheekbones sometimes, or dusted lightly on top of eyeshadow (though I have heard it isn't eye-safe, I have never had any problems using it this way). Great alternative to glitter, and I think it's prettier too.

on 1/30/2003 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this stuff. Huge container that I would never finish though--I swapped most of it away and kept a small amount for myself. It gives a very nice silvery sparkle to the skin, and it works even with my medium skin tone as long as I don't use too much. I like it on my neck, collarbones, and cleavage :), and I also like it on my face. A very light dusting on cheekbones is night, and it's great as a browbone highlighter or to layer a little sparkle over eyeshadow. Everyone needs a little pixie dust in their lives!

on 9/28/2002 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another beautiful (loose) powder by MAC. Finely milled so it goes on nicely and you can add layers to get more "oomph". Leaves an irridescent shimmer. The powder itself is a pinky/silver. I've used this on eyes, face, chest, shoulders, etc. Stunning!