MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have tried several powder, cream, and liquid highlighters. This was one of the first highlighters I ever tried, and I didn't have it very long. It's a pale pink beige powder with big chunks of silver shimmer. I like shimmery highlighters, but this was overkill, and it wasn't very flattering. It accentuated my pores, and left me looking "greasy". I applied a tiny bit with a fan brush to the apples of the cheeks, and I found it all over my face, neck, and chest instead. It's in a standard loose powder container, so it can get pretty messy trying to put it on. I returned it. I think they just discontinued them, and now I know why.

on 3/10/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I said "yes" to repurchasing this powder but "not sure" is probably more correct. I haven't actually bought this yet - I got a generous sample of this from the nice women at my local MAC counter. I've been trying it out for a few days and while it has an almost fairy-tale magic about it, I think it's a bit too glittery for me except in very small doses. Today, I applied this onto my cheekbones with a large eye shadow brush (so I could control where it went). It was daytime and the sunlight from my bathroom window really showed up the silver glitter. I think it's probably not the best idea to wear this in the daytime (unless you are a skater in the Ice Capades or something like that!). But for a romantic candle-lit dinner, I think this would be really pretty and I also like it in small doses on my cupid's bow and inner corners of my eyes. Once I finish my sample, chances are pretty good that I'll buy the full size of this to use for special occasions (and give the lion's share of it to my much younger daughter!)

on 7/18/2012 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Super-fine, dewy-soft dust with lots of silver flecks, that goes on predominantly white/pearl despite the faint pink hue in the jar; better for women with lighter skins as it can look ashy on tan to darker skins.
I find this also works better an an all-over dusting powder (face, decollette, legs, arms, even hair!) due to the liberal amounts of silver pixie glitter. For face highlighting, do note this will migrate everywhere instead of staying just where you put it.
This is designed to give you some serious sparkle all over, and not so good for spotlighting areas of your face or creating a dewy, natural sheen, compared to many other products.
Pros: Silky-smooth, and great value for money if you use it all over your face and body because you get a huge jar.
Cons:Without a base to stick to, this functions like a faintly-tinted version of MAC Prep + Prime powder (translucent, easily sheers out to nothing) with silver sparkles thrown in.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

(click for pics-->)
This loose highlighting powder is one of my absolute MAC favorites! This shimmery powder has an amazing sparkle and it gives such a beautiful glow to the skin. It's also incredibly pigmented, so you really don't need much to get an effect. I can't imagine ever using up this powder no matter how much I adore shimmer...

How to use Silver Dusk:

* As an eyeshadow
* On cheek bones and on cupid's bow to give some glow
* Mix in a super small amount in your foundation or face cream to provide some lustre
* Mix it with your body lotion

Yum, shimmer! Glitter and sparkle! Rocketqueen lurves!

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is a superb silver shimmer that can be used many ways. I have both this one & the golden bronze. It looks great whether applying a little or a lot. The container is huge & I have had it for several years and I am not even halfway through it.

this powder makes me look liked a disco ball. & i find that the shimmers r hard to blend. making my face look patchy. will not rec this

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I decided to give this powder a go because it had good reviews here, but unfortunately, the silvery specks in it are not milled finely enough for me. I can see "scary sparkles" on my face and I just used a touch of it, with my Mac 184 brush. Back it goes!

I love Silver Dusk. I've had my tub of it for years, and it is still over 75% full. It's sort of a beigey-pink shimmer on the skin, definitely cool toned. It's pretty sparkly, so it's too much for daytime use but it's great for evening looks. It's gorgeous mixed with a bit of moisturiser and used on your collarbone/chest area. I also use it on my cheekbones sometimes, or dusted lightly on top of eyeshadow (though I have heard it isn't eye-safe, I have never had any problems using it this way). Great alternative to glitter, and I think it's prettier too.

on 10/9/2005 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

You get lots of shimmery silver powder w/ this. I love it as a highlighter on my brows, as long as i use a light touch. It is very rich and can be overpowering if you use too generously.
My favorite use for it so far is to sprinkle a small bit of it into my hand before lotioning my arms and shoulders for a subtle, but flirtatious sparkle while out on the town.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i Love this powder so much!! It is so pretty gives you sparkle without over doing it!!