MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.3

on 5/8/2004 5:46:00 PM

If you use a large powder brush and dust sparingly across your cheeks this can give a sweet, innocent "dewy" look. It is also nice for setting eye shadows because the powder is so finely milled and it reads as a more neutral shimmer rather than all-out silver. However, I have to say, out of pure laziness, I prefer to get my "dewy" looks from easier to use cream or liquid products.

on 5/5/2004 8:10:00 AM

I have gone through a lot of shimmery products in my search for an HG, and I think this is it. IT! The best ever, most flattering, glowy, subtle, versatile shimmer I've ever had the pleasure of trying out. I first received a sample of this in a swap. There was no label on it, and when I asked what it was, I never got an answer. Well, Fairylite pigment had recently come out and I figured that this was a sample of it. (I had previously tried Fairylite at a store and assumed I had a bad trial) After procuring a pot of Fairylite, this clearly wasn't it. FL is more of a peachy powder with large sparkles. After searching on MAC's site, I realized that my anonymous powder wasn't a pigment at all, but rather the loose shimmer powder. This powder is a creamy smooth pale pink shimmer that blends into my skin until it just looks like I have my own personal flattering light wherever I go. I can also wet a brush and apply the SD to my browbone for a wonderful highlighter that blends in with any look. This powder is neither cool nor warm, so it never looks off. When applied wet it imparts a dewy glow, and dry, it subtly refreshes my everyday makeup. I can happily swap away about a zillion shimmery creams and powders that were somehow wrong for me now that I have this stuff. :)

on 1/2/2004 10:44:00 AM

I was hesitant to buy this at first as with the name I expected it to be just that-silver! But no, it's a beautiful shimmer powder that flashes pink and is very beautiful. I use it mainly for highlighting- on the cheekbones after blush, and sometimes as a wash on my eyes to brighten them without overpowering them. At night I will wear a bit more for a glowing effect as well as on my decolletage. Very nice, will last forever, would definitely buy again if I ever run out!