MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.1

I bought this b/c I wanted a new eyeshadow/face-body shimmer for a special party I was going to, and this happened to fit the bill. This has been my go-to product ever since! I use this everyday as a pretty wash on my lids. When I want to spice things up a little bit I add this to the top of my cheek bones, collar bones, arms, etc. I absolutely love this product and it compliments my coloring perfectly (especially when I'm tan)!.

on 5/30/2006 8:47:00 AM

I love this stuff, I've had the same tub for at least 2 years now, so although I would repurchase I don't know that I'll ever have to. I use this as an eyeshadow as well as a body highlighter. Too shimmery/sparkly to use on cheeks.

on 8/24/2005 9:05:00 AM

This review is for the loose powder form. Note that under highlighters, I've reviewed this and rated it a 3. As a highlighter, I'd rate it a 3, but only if I can wash it off right away to prevent it from clogging my pores. As a loose powder, it is extremely heavy and thick, not light and whispery like I think a loose powder should be. That is why I rate this a 2 as a loose powder, but under the highlighter reviews for this product, I've rated it a 3. I can best compare the consistency of this loose powder to that of Johnson & Johnson baby powder. It also feels the same on my skin as I'd imagine baby powder would. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is b/c it seems to be too comedogenic (pore-clogging) and b/c it is heavy. Also, I don't care for the messiness of loose powder. I'm not sure how they could have packaged it differently to avoid spilling the loose powder, but this is very frustrating, b/c it gets chunky. Perhaps they could put it in a container like a travel-size J&J baby powder, where you twist the top to expose the holes and lightly sprinkle out the amount you desire. I will say that the container's lid stays on tight, so that's why I rated packaging quality a 2 and not a 1. Since it seems very greasy on, I feel like I want to wash it right off as soon as I get home and as though my face is just waiting to break out in pimples from this. It has the effect of looking beautiful, but perhaps a tad too shimmery/shiny and slightly comedogenic. The price is very good because it lasts forever. IMO, this doesn't look like silver at all, more like a peachy silvery skin tone. I think if they drained it of all of its oiliness somehow, I would buy again, but only in pressed powder form.

on 8/24/2005 8:57:00 AM

This review is for the loose powder form. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is b/c it seems to be too comedogenic (pore-clogging) and b/c it seems heavy on my skin. Also, I don't care for the messiness of loose powder. I'm not sure how they could have packaged it differently to avoid spilling the loose powder, but this is very frustrating, b/c it gets chunky. I will say that the container's lid stays on tight, so that's why I rated packaging quality a 2 and not a 1. Since it seems very greasy on, I feel like I want to wash it right off as soon as I get home and as though my face is just waiting to break out in pimples from this. It has the effect of looking beautiful, but perhaps a tad too shimmery/shiny and slightly comedogenic. The price is very good because it lasts forever. IMO, this doesn't look like silver at all, more like a peachy silvery skin tone. I think if they drained it of all of its oiliness somehow, I would buy again, but only in pressed powder form.

on 5/8/2004 5:46:00 PM

If you use a large powder brush and dust sparingly across your cheeks this can give a sweet, innocent "dewy" look. It is also nice for setting eye shadows because the powder is so finely milled and it reads as a more neutral shimmer rather than all-out silver. However, I have to say, out of pure laziness, I prefer to get my "dewy" looks from easier to use cream or liquid products.

on 5/5/2004 8:10:00 AM

I have gone through a lot of shimmery products in my search for an HG, and I think this is it. IT! The best ever, most flattering, glowy, subtle, versatile shimmer I've ever had the pleasure of trying out. I first received a sample of this in a swap. There was no label on it, and when I asked what it was, I never got an answer. Well, Fairylite pigment had recently come out and I figured that this was a sample of it. (I had previously tried Fairylite at a store and assumed I had a bad trial) After procuring a pot of Fairylite, this clearly wasn't it. FL is more of a peachy powder with large sparkles. After searching on MAC's site, I realized that my anonymous powder wasn't a pigment at all, but rather the loose shimmer powder. This powder is a creamy smooth pale pink shimmer that blends into my skin until it just looks like I have my own personal flattering light wherever I go. I can also wet a brush and apply the SD to my browbone for a wonderful highlighter that blends in with any look. This powder is neither cool nor warm, so it never looks off. When applied wet it imparts a dewy glow, and dry, it subtly refreshes my everyday makeup. I can happily swap away about a zillion shimmery creams and powders that were somehow wrong for me now that I have this stuff. :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

LOVE IT! This is a magical powder, I swear! Looks great on everyone and you get a TON in the jar! One of my all-time HG's!

on 1/2/2004 10:44:00 AM

I was hesitant to buy this at first as with the name I expected it to be just that-silver! But no, it's a beautiful shimmer powder that flashes pink and is very beautiful. I use it mainly for highlighting- on the cheekbones after blush, and sometimes as a wash on my eyes to brighten them without overpowering them. At night I will wear a bit more for a glowing effect as well as on my decolletage. Very nice, will last forever, would definitely buy again if I ever run out!

on 8/6/2003 7:19:00 PM

Fantastic. I can see how a lot of people dislike this, but I do. It looks in no way natural. The shimmer is very obvious. I love it.
(I should say now that my skin is incredibly pale. I have to wear spf 45 on cloudy days. All my regular foundations are either 10 or 15, and the 15 is too dark. This colour may not look very good on darker skin, but I don't know. I think they make bronzes and golds too...)
I mix this with my W10 loose face powder and wear it all over my face. The shimmer difuses light and makes my skin look flawless, without foundation.
The price tag is high, but for the amount in the package it's an awesome deal.

gone through a container and going through another. only use it on my face-tip of the nose, browbones and the like and it's great because i prefer its ubershinyness :) but the sparkle bits are just a bit more noticeable than i'd like. still looking for a shimmer with the punch of this with less obvious shimmer...