MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.2

This stuff is gorgeous! Wonderful when going out at night for a pretty, shimmering effect on shoulders, chest & back. I kind of have a hard time making it show up on my pale skin, but it looks lovely on tanned skintones. I'm hoping it will work better for me in the summer!

on 10/20/2002 8:10:00 PM

Very pretty, but a little too much glitter for my face. Nice to add shimmer to shoulders & chest though, I think. Goes on sheer with lots of very fine silver shimmer.

on 10/29/2002 7:25:00 PM

Silver Dusk is just gorgeous -- very fine powder with tee-tiny sparkles. I wouldn't wear this on my face, I don't think, but use it as a body shimmer.

on 1/16/2003 6:40:00 PM

This is a really nice shimmer powder. It is silvery with undertones of grey and pink, but it goes on silvery. When on, it doesn't look like powder, just looks like diamond dust all over! Subtle enough for work, but glittery enough for a club! It lasts all day (which is nice, because some shimmer powder rubs off easily). And the tub it comes in is pretty sizeable, so this could last me forever. Has a sifter top to keep things neat, but I wish it came with a powder puff.

on 1/17/2003 11:29:00 PM

This is a gorgeous shimmer powder, IMO, but definitely more for use on the body instead of the face. It appears a little pinkish in the container, but goes on a super shimmery silver. Blend it down to tone down the shimmer or add more for more shimmer.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

LOVE IT! This is a magical powder, I swear! Looks great on everyone and you get a TON in the jar! One of my all-time HG's!

I love Silver Dusk. I've had my tub of it for years, and it is still over 75% full. It's sort of a beigey-pink shimmer on the skin, definitely cool toned. It's pretty sparkly, so it's too much for daytime use but it's great for evening looks. It's gorgeous mixed with a bit of moisturiser and used on your collarbone/chest area. I also use it on my cheekbones sometimes, or dusted lightly on top of eyeshadow (though I have heard it isn't eye-safe, I have never had any problems using it this way). Great alternative to glitter, and I think it's prettier too.

A friend and I recently bought this in the silver and golden. We learned a few lessons while trying them out. From my experience, this product only looks good on FAIR skin. Her skin is medium and it looked like body glitter on her. She definitely needed the gold. Also, you need to use a very fluffy brush and apply with a LIGHT hand. (Unless you're going for a sweaty, disco ball style) Tap the brush until it basically looks like theres no product on it, dont worry, it will show when you apply it. A bit too sparkly, but pretty.

on 8/29/2008 8:12:00 PM

This is an amazing powder. I really love this. I have very pale, swedish sort of skin and this is great for me in the winter when Im to pale for Golden Bronze (which I also LOVE). I have never experienced the disco ball effect others talk of, I find this powder perfect always and Im not to carefull about application I just slap it on with a big Kabuki and it always looks amazing. I have had this for about 3 years and use it every day in the middle of winter, and it is still nearly full. I would deffintly by it again even though in NZ its quite pricey, but it lasts forever and I cant imagine Ill use it up for another ten years!!!

on 9/9/2008 1:01:00 PM

I have this and I do like it but it is expensive.However it does look lovely on and I think it'll last ages so it might work out to be worth the money.