MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.4

on 2/27/2013 3:21:00 PM

Overall, I feel like this is a pretty good product. I've used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and above my brows. It's very pretty and VERY glittery. You only need the most minimal amount to get a good sheen. Upon first application I applied way too much and I looked like a disco ball. The little bit that gets on the lid from storing is more than enough to highlight an entire face. The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because it doesn't stay exactly where placed. I'm going to try and use it over UD's eyeshadow primer to see if it makes a difference. It also has some obvious pieces of glitter in it that I'm not too keen on. The container is quite large for the amount of product you get, so I know for sure this thing is going to last for years to come. At $25, it had better! lol

EDIT: I tried to use this as a highlighter again, and could not achieve the look I wanted. It looked gorgeous on the eyes over every eye shadow I tried (Electric Eel, Sumptuous Olive, Woodwinked) but it was a bit much for a day look, and with a baby, my nights are usually spent in doors with my baby, my husband, and reruns of Jersey Shore. Thus, I returned this. I wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS. It's really my mom's, but I use it. She has had it for years and it's still not even close to being finished, because all you really need is a little swipe. I just use the fall out in the cap and it's more than enough. I like to use this on my brow bones as a highlight, but it's so versatile it can be used anywhere you want a touch of shimmer. You can even sprinkle some in your hair! This is great stuff. And though MAC is a pricey brand, because of how long this lasts, it really is worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

WHOA, glitter ball alert! It is VERY glittery. Colour is like its description silver dusk with just the tinsient hint of pink. I do like this product but in very small doses and in particular places...Definately not an all over face powder. It is a very obvious highlighter.
The only place I use this as a highlighter is on my inner eye corners. I also use this as an eyeshadow as it catches the light so beautifully on an evening out. Another way to use this is to mix a little in your body moisturiser to get a shimmer lotion. Price is not that bad for the amount of product you get (About $52 nzd). I have had mine for 2 years and still have heaps left! However, packaging is horrid. Too many holes so it releases way too much product, definately not handbag proof!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this a few years ago and I havn't even made a dent in it yet. I use it on my cheek bones and brow bone. Considering how long it lasts the $20 is nothing!

on 5/19/2010 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When i first bought this product two years ago i hated it! It's way too shimmery and even though i was using a tiny ammount of product i couldn't avoid the "disco ball" look. After several experiments i learned this: The only way to make this product work for me, is use it under my blush. Any other way of application(over blush/eye shadow/body highlighter) has been a disaster for me. You get major ammount of product but i can't recall how much i paid for this. I have to say that i'm a HUGE fan of compact highlighters and ever since i've bought this product whenever i hear the words "loose" and "shimmer" combined my answer is "NO"! I know MUA is gonna hate me for this but i'm not gonna repurchase. Ever!

on 2/16/2010 10:41:00 AM

I use this for the inner corners of my eyes and a little under my eyes to look more awake. I think I look livelier and more doll like with this on than without. I only use what's on the lid so this will literally last a lifetime.

on 7/14/2009 10:50:00 AM

I love this powder! It looks gorgeous on your C-Zone, giving you that dewy look, or as a highlight on your browbone. It's also good mixed with moisturizer if you just want a little shimmer on your face. This could be used as an eyeshadow as well. Lovely product! Would def buy again!

on 4/11/2009 3:19:00 PM

This product is awesome! Lasts forever and looks great on cheek and brow bones. It gives a dewy look that is so pretty- a little goes a long way!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

(click for pics-->)
This loose highlighting powder is one of my absolute MAC favorites! This shimmery powder has an amazing sparkle and it gives such a beautiful glow to the skin. It's also incredibly pigmented, so you really don't need much to get an effect. I can't imagine ever using up this powder no matter how much I adore shimmer...

How to use Silver Dusk:

* As an eyeshadow
* On cheek bones and on cupid's bow to give some glow
* Mix in a super small amount in your foundation or face cream to provide some lustre
* Mix it with your body lotion

Yum, shimmer! Glitter and sparkle! Rocketqueen lurves!

continued >>

on 8/29/2008 8:12:00 PM

This is an amazing powder. I really love this. I have very pale, swedish sort of skin and this is great for me in the winter when Im to pale for Golden Bronze (which I also LOVE). I have never experienced the disco ball effect others talk of, I find this powder perfect always and Im not to carefull about application I just slap it on with a big Kabuki and it always looks amazing. I have had this for about 3 years and use it every day in the middle of winter, and it is still nearly full. I would deffintly by it again even though in NZ its quite pricey, but it lasts forever and I cant imagine Ill use it up for another ten years!!!