MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.3

on 5/30/2006 8:47:00 AM

I love this stuff, I've had the same tub for at least 2 years now, so although I would repurchase I don't know that I'll ever have to. I use this as an eyeshadow as well as a body highlighter. Too shimmery/sparkly to use on cheeks.

on 5/16/2005 8:49:00 PM

I have the irridescent loose powder in silver dusk. It's interesting, but in all honesty, I'm disappointed with it. I think that it is misleading to call it irridescent. Irridescent means that it breaks up the light and gives a rainbow-colored oil slick effect. This powder is just glittery. It's also VERY strong. Maybe I'd dust it over my shoulders or in my cleavage, but I can't imagine using it on my face. I'd say get fairylite pigment or Shu IR rainbow eyeshadow instead. If it were sold as a glittery powder, I'd probably give it a higher review. But as an irridescent powder, it falls short.

on 8/6/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pink/beige loose powder that can be used as a highlighter. I apply it over my blush for sparkle. Compared to Mac Mineralize Powders, this is definetely a lot more glittery than a mild shimmer. A light hand is needed.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i Love this powder so much!! It is so pretty gives you sparkle without over doing it!!

gone through a container and going through another. only use it on my face-tip of the nose, browbones and the like and it's great because i prefer its ubershinyness :) but the sparkle bits are just a bit more noticeable than i'd like. still looking for a shimmer with the punch of this with less obvious shimmer...

on 12/29/2002 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had my Silver Dusk for years and I have not made a dent in it. This is so versatile, a shimmery silver toned loose powder that is not too glittery, nor too cool toned for my yellow toned skin.

You can use it as a highlight on the cheekbones, on the browbone, but my favorite way to use this, is mix it with a little Johnson and Johnson's Baby Oil Gel and smooth it on my arms. Especially during the summer when my arms are tan, it looks SO GOOD.

on 6/13/2001 4:44:00 PM

Here's a very versatile shimmery powder that works just about everywhere. It is a finely milled loose powder that comes in a container with a sifter and can be applied directly to the skin or mixed with other products. And no breakouts from this sensitive-skinned person! Some of the ways I like to use this product are right under the eyebrow's arch as an eye highlight, on top of the cheekbone for highlights, dusted on the shoulders and collarbone with a low-cut dress - or my all-time favorite - mixed with moisturizer and applied to the hands, arms & legs. Very versatile and definitely worth the $ :-)