MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

3.9

on 9/28/2002 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another beautiful (loose) powder by MAC. Finely milled so it goes on nicely and you can add layers to get more "oomph". Leaves an irridescent shimmer. The powder itself is a pinky/silver. I've used this on eyes, face, chest, shoulders, etc. Stunning!

on 1/30/2003 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this stuff. Huge container that I would never finish though--I swapped most of it away and kept a small amount for myself. It gives a very nice silvery sparkle to the skin, and it works even with my medium skin tone as long as I don't use too much. I like it on my neck, collarbones, and cleavage :), and I also like it on my face. A very light dusting on cheekbones is night, and it's great as a browbone highlighter or to layer a little sparkle over eyeshadow. Everyone needs a little pixie dust in their lives!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i Love this powder so much!! It is so pretty gives you sparkle without over doing it!!

on 10/9/2005 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

You get lots of shimmery silver powder w/ this. I love it as a highlighter on my brows, as long as i use a light touch. It is very rich and can be overpowering if you use too generously.
My favorite use for it so far is to sprinkle a small bit of it into my hand before lotioning my arms and shoulders for a subtle, but flirtatious sparkle while out on the town.

I love Silver Dusk. I've had my tub of it for years, and it is still over 75% full. It's sort of a beigey-pink shimmer on the skin, definitely cool toned. It's pretty sparkly, so it's too much for daytime use but it's great for evening looks. It's gorgeous mixed with a bit of moisturiser and used on your collarbone/chest area. I also use it on my cheekbones sometimes, or dusted lightly on top of eyeshadow (though I have heard it isn't eye-safe, I have never had any problems using it this way). Great alternative to glitter, and I think it's prettier too.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I decided to give this powder a go because it had good reviews here, but unfortunately, the silvery specks in it are not milled finely enough for me. I can see "scary sparkles" on my face and I just used a touch of it, with my Mac 184 brush. Back it goes!

this powder makes me look liked a disco ball. & i find that the shimmers r hard to blend. making my face look patchy. will not rec this

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is a superb silver shimmer that can be used many ways. I have both this one & the golden bronze. It looks great whether applying a little or a lot. The container is huge & I have had it for several years and I am not even halfway through it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

(click for pics-->)
This loose highlighting powder is one of my absolute MAC favorites! This shimmery powder has an amazing sparkle and it gives such a beautiful glow to the skin. It's also incredibly pigmented, so you really don't need much to get an effect. I can't imagine ever using up this powder no matter how much I adore shimmer...

How to use Silver Dusk:

* As an eyeshadow
* On cheek bones and on cupid's bow to give some glow
* Mix in a super small amount in your foundation or face cream to provide some lustre
* Mix it with your body lotion

Yum, shimmer! Glitter and sparkle! Rocketqueen lurves!

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think people could be using more of this than they need, and it's all in the application. You get a lot of product for the price, but you only need what's in the lid once you take it off the container. I put it on a table and tap the lid and then I use what's in the lid with either an angled blush brush or a small powder brush. There are a lot nicer highligher powders on the market, so it doesn't get much use unless you find other ways to put it into your beauty routine.