MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 30-35
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

I bought this years ago when I was going through my "natural skin" phase, meaning, I stopped using blush and bronzer. I never threw it away, because I was sure that I could use it again one day. Now, about ten years (no joke) later, I use it for a few things. I use it as a highlighter for my eyes, and upper cheek bones, I use it under my brow bone, and I use it to make my lower lip look bigger. When I put my lip liner on, I then put my lipstick on, and I dab a tiny bit of this on the center of my lower lip. I then apply lip gloss around the dab, and blend. This makes my lips look bigger and shiner. It also helps my lipstick not fade for the entire day. I wear a nude shade, but I use lip liner, lipstick and lip gloss in order to make it last. The light powder is a great trick.

The trick I use to get the perfect amount is I flip the container upside down, then flip it right side up, and just a tiny bit of powder will be on the top; that is what I use. If I need more, I do it again. This has been working for me for over 10 years.

This powder will last FOREVER if you need it to; mine is so old that my container is twice as big as the current ones. It seriously has about 3/4 of a cup of powder left; it will probably last for the rest of my life. I have the MAC Golden powder too, and I use that as a bronzer under my cheek bones and around my face. Great Product :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OK ... this powder is the bomb. It really gives me a super glowy look. Yes, if you examine it closely, it looks scarily sparkly but on the skin, unless someone *examining* your face, it just looks like glow. Here is my recipe for a super glowy look (so effective that my assistant, who is a make up artist (and knows from glow), asked me how I did it):

jojoba oil all over the face (under my sunscreen)

sunscreen - I use DHC's White Sunscreen

DHC's olive oil around the eyes and across the top of the cheekbone - if you don't want to use either oils then eye cream is fine but obviously not a matte one

Laura Mercier's Secret Weapon or YSL Touche Eclat on the whole eye area

Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder around the eyes

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals (small amount, really buffed in, with more applied to "problem" areas with a fluffy e/s brush)

MAC's Iridescent powder - I concentrate on the v from the cheekbones to the temple

NYC's Jamaica Me Crazy on the cheeks, with a very small amount on the forehead, down the center of the nose and on my chin

Glow on!