MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.3

on 6/13/2001 4:44:00 PM

Here's a very versatile shimmery powder that works just about everywhere. It is a finely milled loose powder that comes in a container with a sifter and can be applied directly to the skin or mixed with other products. And no breakouts from this sensitive-skinned person! Some of the ways I like to use this product are right under the eyebrow's arch as an eye highlight, on top of the cheekbone for highlights, dusted on the shoulders and collarbone with a low-cut dress - or my all-time favorite - mixed with moisturizer and applied to the hands, arms & legs. Very versatile and definitely worth the $ :-)

on 6/20/2001 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Such a gorgeous shimmery powder... I love the pinky sheen. Super shimmery, and a little goes such a long way. I don't think I will need to buy this for a while... My roomates steal my jar when we get ready to go out, and there is still a lot left! Looks beautiful on bare shoulders, arms, etc.

on 3/4/2002 11:26:00 AM

This powder looks beautiful on decollatage, shoulders, and arms for a sexy nightightime look. I have also applied it on eyes as a sheer wash over shadow or as a highlighter, and that looks great as well! This is a fun product that I've had for a while, but didn't use as much until I became a bit more creative with it.

on 11/25/2002 11:49:00 AM

This stuff is so cool. My most fun MAC product.

It's very finely milled... makes whatever skin surface i use it on look frosty and sexy.. Good for legs, shoulders, chest, eyes, cheek highlight... wherever.. its just so fun!

on 12/2/2002 1:43:00 PM

I recently picked up this iridescent powder by MAC. At first I wasn't quite sure how I would use it...but now I find I'm using it everyday!

It's a light shimmer which I tend to use over my matte blush colors. I apply it to my cheekbones - adds an extra sparkle but not a glittery sparkle - it's just right.

I also dab a little on my browbone when going out in the evening.

I work in a corporate environment and I wear this almost everyday so it's not an overkill glitter.

I highly recommend! And you use so little of it it's sure to last forever!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful dusted over the chest area for a night on the town with the girls. I don't think that I would put this all-over my face, just a dab on the eyes or the cheeks for that extra sparkle. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i Love this powder so much!! It is so pretty gives you sparkle without over doing it!!

on 8/6/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pink/beige loose powder that can be used as a highlighter. I apply it over my blush for sparkle. Compared to Mac Mineralize Powders, this is definetely a lot more glittery than a mild shimmer. A light hand is needed.

on 12/15/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great for brightening up my dull, winter skin. I have used it as an all over highlighter or sometimes just on my browbone or underneath my eyes. It really creates that glowy,angelic look:) You can use it lightly for a more natural glow, or layered for a more glam evening look. This is a very versatile product, and I will never use up the big container!

on 8/24/2005 8:57:00 AM

This review is for the loose powder form. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is b/c it seems to be too comedogenic (pore-clogging) and b/c it seems heavy on my skin. Also, I don't care for the messiness of loose powder. I'm not sure how they could have packaged it differently to avoid spilling the loose powder, but this is very frustrating, b/c it gets chunky. I will say that the container's lid stays on tight, so that's why I rated packaging quality a 2 and not a 1. Since it seems very greasy on, I feel like I want to wash it right off as soon as I get home and as though my face is just waiting to break out in pimples from this. It has the effect of looking beautiful, but perhaps a tad too shimmery/shiny and slightly comedogenic. The price is very good because it lasts forever. IMO, this doesn't look like silver at all, more like a peachy silvery skin tone. I think if they drained it of all of its oiliness somehow, I would buy again, but only in pressed powder form.