MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.4

on 5/6/2014 10:49:00 PM

OMG!!! Okay so...If you are not looking for lots of shimmer, this NOT going to be your go-to. HOWEVER, I love using this as a super shimmery highlighter. I have tried many, and this one is by far my fave. I just peel back a little of the protective covering that covers the dots where the powder comes out...That helps me not get a HEAPING amount of it at one time when I tip it over before using.

For daytime, I use this product dry with my brush. For a dramatic highlighter, I wet my brush with my spray bottle before I apply. It works wonders!!! I dust it on the tippy tops of my cheeks and go over the top of my eyes for a shimmery effect when I am in the mood for one! Would definitely re-buy, but would suggest trying it out at the MAC counter before purchasing...!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

To sum this product up in one word... Amazing. I have been searching for a perfect highlighter to give my dry skin that perfect dewy glow and I finally found it. I mix it in with my Studio Sculptures foundation, then on top of my So Sweet, So Easy or Posey Cremeblend Blush and it looks so angelic. The packaging is a little difficult since the siffter allows so much product through but I put tape over all of the holes except 2 rows. Also, I put the price at dirt cheap seeing as how I would be spending well over $20 over the years that I would be buying other products. There is so mug product in this, it will last forever. My dry skin finally has that red carpet, dewy, hydrated glow that I have been so desperately looking for! The best part of it all... My fiance noticed the difference and loves it!

on 5/18/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE. IT. My go-to highlighter. Gives a gorgeous pinky-silvery glow. The shimmer is very fine, not chunky glitter AT ALL. And you only need a tiny amount each time, so even though it's a bit pricey, it lasts forever... Love using it on brides, too. :)

on 2/22/2011 7:12:00 AM

Love this stuff! I went to the counter to get a wedding makeover and this is what was suggested to me.....it's incredible. I added this on top of my blush and in my eye highlight area...and even looking at my wedding pic now 5 years later, I was glowing (and not just cuz I was getting married). I had lost it until this past weekend and I rekindled my love with it as I haven't stopped using it since! I work 12 hour night shifts and I often run around and get flushed red cheeks, which when I do wear a light peach blush makes me look like a drag queen, now I don't apply blush to work anymore, I just wear this lightly and I look healthy and glowy while I run around. Not to mention it will NEVER run out as I just apply what is in the lid. Will last forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think people could be using more of this than they need, and it's all in the application. You get a lot of product for the price, but you only need what's in the lid once you take it off the container. I put it on a table and tap the lid and then I use what's in the lid with either an angled blush brush or a small powder brush. There are a lot nicer highligher powders on the market, so it doesn't get much use unless you find other ways to put it into your beauty routine.

on 8/5/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was very surprised to like this. i'm a NC43/45 and thought it would be way too shimmery on me. it you use a small amount it looks great.

on 7/30/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Two lippies because it can be used on the body, if you are going to a club. I love highlighters but I HATE glitter on the face. This is just glitter. I gave it to a friend, however, and she loves it. I much prefer the mineralize skin finishes

on 6/4/2010 1:33:00 AM

it is very shimmering, ideal for night occasions!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i got this from my sister and i love it! i already own and love the golden bronze one, and now i have both! This is a very pretty pinky/nudish/beigy color with silver sprakles/glitters. This is definatley glittery so it's best for nighttine use or used sparingly in the daytime. I'm actually wearing it today as a highlighter but i used very little on my 165 brush and then i buffed out some of the larger glitter with my 183. I'm loving this.

on 4/1/2009 10:21:00 AM

this is a really great product for highlighting your cheekbones or to add in your moisturizer for a nice subtle shimmer. if you use it on your face go VERY lightly with it, you just need a tiny bit and it goes a long way. i even pressed a little of this in an empty eye shdaow pan so i can take it with me in palette when i travel. its much more convenient than taking the whole jar. it sells for $21 which is cheap cause they give you a lot, this powder could seriously last you years depending on how you use it.