MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.2

on 2/27/2013 3:21:00 PM

Overall, I feel like this is a pretty good product. I've used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and above my brows. It's very pretty and VERY glittery. You only need the most minimal amount to get a good sheen. Upon first application I applied way too much and I looked like a disco ball. The little bit that gets on the lid from storing is more than enough to highlight an entire face. The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because it doesn't stay exactly where placed. I'm going to try and use it over UD's eyeshadow primer to see if it makes a difference. It also has some obvious pieces of glitter in it that I'm not too keen on. The container is quite large for the amount of product you get, so I know for sure this thing is going to last for years to come. At $25, it had better! lol

EDIT: I tried to use this as a highlighter again, and could not achieve the look I wanted. It looked gorgeous on the eyes over every eye shadow I tried (Electric Eel, Sumptuous Olive, Woodwinked) but it was a bit much for a day look, and with a baby, my nights are usually spent in doors with my baby, my husband, and reruns of Jersey Shore. Thus, I returned this. I wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS. It's really my mom's, but I use it. She has had it for years and it's still not even close to being finished, because all you really need is a little swipe. I just use the fall out in the cap and it's more than enough. I like to use this on my brow bones as a highlight, but it's so versatile it can be used anywhere you want a touch of shimmer. You can even sprinkle some in your hair! This is great stuff. And though MAC is a pricey brand, because of how long this lasts, it really is worth the money.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best lumanizing powder ever! I love it. Lots of tiny glitter great for highlighting. Product doesn't stay in container though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

WHOA, glitter ball alert! It is VERY glittery. Colour is like its description silver dusk with just the tinsient hint of pink. I do like this product but in very small doses and in particular places...Definately not an all over face powder. It is a very obvious highlighter.
The only place I use this as a highlighter is on my inner eye corners. I also use this as an eyeshadow as it catches the light so beautifully on an evening out. Another way to use this is to mix a little in your body moisturiser to get a shimmer lotion. Price is not that bad for the amount of product you get (About $52 nzd). I have had mine for 2 years and still have heaps left! However, packaging is horrid. Too many holes so it releases way too much product, definately not handbag proof!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this a few years ago and I havn't even made a dent in it yet. I use it on my cheek bones and brow bone. Considering how long it lasts the $20 is nothing!

on 3/7/2011 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little goes a long way with this, so it's very easy to overdo it. The packaging is HUGE so I'll never run out & the colour is very soft, feminine & lovely. Glittery, yes, but not crazily so. Still, it's not subtle especially during the day. Similar to this:

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. In order to only use as much product as I need, I put regular clear tape over all the holes except one row. That way, it doesn't get wasted by flying all over, and just enough comes off on my brush. I use this a lot but I don't even think I've made a sizeable dent in it - it really will last years, unless you truly coat your face in it daily! I like to use a flat-top blush brush to just pat it on areas I need it. It's a great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first got this, I was so afraid to use it! the color is so gorgeous, but crazy pigmented. The key is to use a very small amount, I like to use what is left on the bottom of the cap after opening. At first, the thought of using this as a highlighter didn't seem possible because it is slightly glittery, but once blended with a brush it is the most gorgeous silver color with sheen- I like using this on my face as well as on my body- collarbone, arms, shoulder, legs etc....you can even mix this with plain moisturizer and get a gorgeous luminous glow. There is so much in the packaging, that this will last a very long time- at least a couple years. This product has really grown on me the last few months.

on 5/19/2010 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When i first bought this product two years ago i hated it! It's way too shimmery and even though i was using a tiny ammount of product i couldn't avoid the "disco ball" look. After several experiments i learned this: The only way to make this product work for me, is use it under my blush. Any other way of application(over blush/eye shadow/body highlighter) has been a disaster for me. You get major ammount of product but i can't recall how much i paid for this. I have to say that i'm a HUGE fan of compact highlighters and ever since i've bought this product whenever i hear the words "loose" and "shimmer" combined my answer is "NO"! I know MUA is gonna hate me for this but i'm not gonna repurchase. Ever!

on 2/16/2010 10:41:00 AM

I use this for the inner corners of my eyes and a little under my eyes to look more awake. I think I look livelier and more doll like with this on than without. I only use what's on the lid so this will literally last a lifetime.