3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This primer has a lovely, gentle coconut scent which immediately drew me in! It’s formula is quite thin and liquidy, so it spreads easily and a little goes a long way - which is what you want when a product has quite a high price tag! I apply this all over my face and eyelids and let us absorb in for a minute or two before applying my makeup over it. I have tried many different foundations with this primer all have paired with it nicely (including Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Nars Sheer Glow and MAC Studio Fix). I find that this primer definitely helps extend the wear time of my makeup and prevents the product breaking down around my lip and chin area (my problem area when I skip primer!). I also find this primer to be quite hydrating which is a huge plus! If you have a normal to dry skin type, I would definitely recommend this primer!

About reviewer (724 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is Marc Jacobs more moisturizing glowy primer in the pump bottle. Especially good for mature, dry to normal skin where you find foundation tends to sit badly on skin and make it look dull and old. Not to be confused with his cheaper Under(cover) Blurring Coconut Face Primer in the tube which is better for controlling oil and blurring pores in normal to oily skin. It has a faint sweet plasticy playdoh coconut scent similar to the First Aid Beauty's coconut smoothie primer but nicer. When I first started using this I thought it didn't do anything at all for the look or wear of my foundation. But I think I must have been still suffering sticker shock as I wasn't using enough product to make a difference. Perhaps I was trying to make this pricey elixir go further? Now I use much more product it gives my skin dewy luminous soft glow that does make my makeup look more soft, fresh and natural. The fussy Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation looks AWFUL on me with no primer or other branded primers I've tried, giving me polka dot pores, cakey, dry, dull flakey finish that clings to dry patches and makes me look 100 years old. Undercover Perfecting Coconut primer transforms it to look soft, velvety and luminous and glides smoothly over pores. But ONLY if I apply a rich huge dollop of this primer first. Still slightly cakey, but wearable, taking it from a 2 to a 4 star foundation. If it can transform Shameless then I'm excited to try it with better foundations to see if I can get even better skin. I'm annoyed that Marc formulated a terrible NZ $80 foundation that only works with the matching $73 primer. But I won't blame the primer for that. Do I NEED this primer? Probably not, except to use up my Shameless foundation. All my other foundations do fine with cheap facial oils and setting sprays. But for a pricey splurge, I really enjoy it.

About reviewer (1216 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

2 years ago

I thought I liked this primer, but as time went on, I realised I was forcing myself to like this primer because it smelled of coconut and has stunning packaging. I had stopped using it for around 7-9 months, and started using it again last week; I used it twice and I broke out after 3 days. I do have acne-prone skin, so I believe it's the moisturising benefits which broke me out in my most 'oiliest' areas (in my t-zone). Nonetheless, besides that mishap, it basically does nothing but moisturise - it doesn't extend the life of my makeup, it doesn't make my makeup look anymore flawless. It simply just moisturised, which is unnecessary because I already use a moisturiser which moisturises enough and doesn't break me out.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is an amazing primer, especially if you have dry skin. I like that this doesn't include any fragrance or citrus oils. This definietly leaves your skin feeling hydrated and ready for foundation or sunscreen. If you have more oily skin, you might not want to use this because it definitely is a hydrating primer that also includes some beneficial ingredients. My more detailed review is here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rHgkfS4nBwk"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rHgkfS4nBwk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

I was looking for a product like this. I use just this before my makeup, no moisturiser. I use concealer under my eyes and no foundation. This primer gives my skin a glow and a dewey look. I don't wear powder IT also helps to give my make-up a natural look. The primer I was using was Make Up Forever Smoothing Primer which is excellent! The primary difference to me is MJ gives the glow and a softer look. My skin is pretty normal, however many products will cause it to be dry. I think this primer wears besutifully!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

This primer is very moisturizing. As I have combination skin, it does not work well with my skin type. This works better if you have dry skin or normal skin. It does however make your foundation go on very smoothly. You can even skip your daily moisturizer and just apply the primer straight. For my skin type, as the day went on my foundation looked really oily. This primer does not blur pores and I don't know if it extends foundation wear.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

moisturizing primer that gives a healthy shine to the face; use this on clean skin and do not layer or it will feel a bit greasy. I'm not sure if it makes my bb cream stay on longer compared to other primers, It has a lovely coconut smell and two or three pumps is all you need for your entire face. This is very expensive for what it does though; a regular moisturizer can replace this and if your skin is very dry or flakey, this won’t be enough

About reviewer (168 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

2.0

3 years ago

This is a purchase I regret, don't get me wrong, it feels nice and hydrating on the skin, but when I think of it, it is like another layer of moisturizer, and at $55 , it is an expensive xtra layer that doesn't make a difference! Maybe yes my foundation goes on smoother, but I don't notice a difference , so I feel that this primer is only an extra step that doesn't change anything for me..I think primers are only important for oily skins, to prevent the makeup from sliding, or for keeping the skin from getting oily too fast...then it makes sense A primer for dry skin is only an extra moisturizing step, shouldn't your moisturizer be enough in that case !? I just think I could have saved $55 I much prefer the Burberry glow, just feels nicer.. Kind of a product that doesn't need to be, just to make us spend more money .

About reviewer (288 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

3 years ago

I got a sample of this a couple of times via soChoix. I have to say, I really liked it. The only reason I opted to get the Toofaced version instead is because I got more product for my money with theirs and I heard they both were comparable. However, after having the TooFaced, I think next time I may opt for this one. I like this because it has coconut water in it and my skin likes it. I have dry, sensitive skin and primers like this are what work for me.

About reviewer (410 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

3 years ago

I LOOOVE this product! But after 2 Days of use my lid broke, i did Not drop it or anything. The pump is stuck in the lid, so whenever i use it and take the lid of, all of it comedyshow of. BAD QUALITY for the price!!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair