3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

Tl;dr: - Use under foundation - Decent texture and tone - Good value for the price I was curious about cream contouring after watching videos with Scott Barnes (look him up on YT before using this, if you haven't!). I have a rather prominent face bone structure and I like to highlight my features. Usually, I use contour powder and bronzer (Physicians Formula Bronze Booster matte palette currently, it is nice). But lately I've become tired of the powders' drying feel, and now I'm looking into cream options. The prospects of washing more brushes don't excite me, so I opted for a stick format. I can't rave about it, it just works. I mostly used the contour side. This is definitely made for use under foundation, as indicated by the packaging visuals. It is waxy and thick enough to stay in place after layering and blending, but not too stiff in the application. The tone is nice too (I have it in Light), not too dark, not too light, not too red. I don't remember feeling annoyed or super happy about using this product. All in all, it has good value. I have no complaints. A good way to try a new trick without paying a bunch of money. This doesn't excite me because it is a bit bulky to store and I don't really need the light side. It would be cool if inexpensive brands carried something like a thinner stick with contour only (e.g. mascara-shaped), and a decent amount of it, instead of these double-ended obsolete trendy things. Even among glam YouTubers, how many people actually do matte highlighting other than some concealer? I will continue looking for a more practical option.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

5 months ago

I'm going to preface my review by saying I have Crohn's disease. I know thats a reeeeally random thing to say but I promise its relevant. 😁 With active Crohn's you take steroids alot of the time which gives you the dreaded "moon face." Sometimes it depressing to look in the mirror and not recognize yourself. So I decided to try a powder contour I have to help the issue. I always thought I was somewhat ok with the whole makeuping thing. Until powder contour. When I was done I had what looked like tiger stripes. Undeterred I picked up this Megaglo stick a couple days ago. After ALOT of practice and blending I finally saw a glimpse of my former face in the mirror! I think my skin is too dry for powder and I'm inexperienced at contouring so this stick seems to be more my speed. I admit I haven't tried the highlight part since I don't really know how to use it correctly. But the contour part is pretty good! I recommend it, especially for beginners.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I purchased this in Light/Medium. The contour side is cool toned and provides a nice shadow which is what you want when contouring. I like a cream contour because I have dry skin and prefer cream products but there are a ton of great powder contours out there as well. This particular shade is similar to the one in the MeglaGlo palette Dulce de Leche, only in cream form. I own this palette and it is a favorite as well. The highlight end of this stick has a slight pink tone to it, not my personal fave when it comes to highlight however it does provide a creamy brightening effect without any real shimmer so I like this for the bridge of the nose and between the eyes/brow area. I use a glossier product on the top of my cheekbones. Great price for a good product.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

3 years ago

I have a love hate relationship with this stick. I wanted to try contouring sticks and not invest a huge amount if I didn't like it. I purchased 751A in Light/Medium for $9. The colors are separated at both ends of the stick and roll up like lipstick. I love the idea of them being connected, so I don't loose one or the other. The packaging is sturdy. The texture of the product is HEAVY. As I wore it, my skin felt like it wasn't able to breathe. It blended well, stayed well and didn't settle much into my pores and wrinkles. It looks half decent, it just feels like you are wearing oil and plastic on your face. I expected to break out like a pizza, but never did. The colours were another issue. The dark contor color was spot on, the lighter seemed way too ashy and pale, needed more yellow or cream to it. Over all, I would use it for special occasions and evening wear. Not for everday, but not bad as a first or for $9.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

4 years ago

I love Wet N Wild products but this just didn't do it for me at all. It's next to impossible to blend and it actually ruined the foundation I had just done because I was having such a hard time trying to get it all blended out. I trashed this.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Fair

HairRed

EyesBrown

3.0
from

4 years ago

While I like the "stick" packaging--it makes it a lot easier to apply--this product doesn't really work for me. The coloring is a bit too dark for my very fair skin, it's difficult to blend (the pressure of trying to do so turns my skin red for a bit), and it just doesn't really match my contouring needs. I believe it also might be causing some breakouts, though it is sulfate free. Also, the highlighting end (which I don't personally use very often) broke apart and fell out of the packaging within a couple of weeks. Useful in some ways, but not top-notch.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24