3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is my everyday go to foundation for work. Colour matches perfectly and blends easily, so I don't have to worry about getting ready in any particular light as I know it'll look great. Light coverage and lasts all day.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

2 years ago

This review is for the Colorstay "stay natural" foundation, which is different from the Colorstay foundations for different skin types. I'm not sure how different it is, but they are separate products. This is a great foundation. For background, I apply it with my fingers, without any primer (I know. I'm lazy and life is short). It goes on smoothly, light to medium coverage, pretty buildable. The texture is...foundation-y when you look close, I'm not sure how else to describe it. It evens out my skin really nicely and despite the SPF 15, it doesn't look shiny! At all! And it stays that way! I have normal-slightly oily skin and it keeps me matte! I don't know why, but I love that about it. I even went to the gym and it didn't slide off or get shiny. Another thing to love: it doesn't oxidise! When it dries, it does dry to a shade darker, which is fine for me since the colour I have is on the light side for me. It just looks so darn good. Pros: doesn't oxidise smooths out my skin looks good with light coverage can be applied with fingers doesn't slide off, resists sweat Cons: texture might not be smooth enough for some? that's literally it. EDIT: I got it on sale for $20, when it's normally $30. I wouldn't have tried it at that price but since it's so good, I'll definitely repurchase even at full price. Also, I have olive skin, and a lot of foundations look super orange on me - this foundation suits my skin!! I'm so happy!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I do like this product because it gives you great coverage if you use a blurring brush and the color is perfect for my hard to match skin tone (light olive, yellow undertones) but it can be a little heavy feeling and can settle in to pore and fine lines. But it's Better then most drugstore bought make up that does stay on for 8 hours plus. I use 180 Sand Beige Combination/Oily Skin.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

This is my favorite foundation it blends amazingly and has really good coverage. The only things cons are i hate the packaging and drys really fast so i can't do my whole face at the same time but overall i love it! I recommend getting it in normal/dry skin

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBlond

5 years ago

First liquid I've tried, and it's going to be hard to move past this. It goes on incredibly easy, matches my colour perfectly (I use Medium Beige), and stays put all day. I do find my skin gets dry after a fair few hours (ezcema), so I just mix in some extra moisturiser in my primer and this liquid and that usually keeps it sorted. Overall, it's a reliable workhorse that's comfortable and easy to forget about. Improves your appearance without appearing so strong it's unnatural. And the SPF is a nice bonus on top!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

HG foundation. Sheer to Medium coverage. Great for combo skin. Extensive colour range for a drugstore foundation (not all pinks). This foundation seriously doesn't budge all day, which I love, because I HATE to touch up (lazyyy). Buildable coverage if required but this product is definitely not for girls who like it thick! The bottle design is nice (glass so don't drop it!) but I hate that as you run out you have to tip the bottle upside down as the pump won't get it all out, and at around $40 a bottle you want to get it all! The problem with this is that once it's been flipped and you screw off the lid it comes gushing out.. Might be nice in a tube?

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I give it four for the quality at the price it comes at. Maybe because I've gotten used the amazing-ness of my Laura Mercier foundations I'm not overly impressed with this. The product itself is quite a good, liquid foundation and there's a good colour selection; something for everyone and it's not too expensive to buy two to mix your own colour. The downer to this is that it gives a white cast with flash photography, so a no-no to wear to any kind of photo ready event. Needs lots of blending and those with oily skin you CANNOT forget the powder with this foundation. Also, shake well before using it each time! It makes a difference, really. Packaging wise, it really needs a pump. The bottle is a such a pain to get stuff out. ***Update: After 3-4months of barely using this product because it's a heavy (the foundation and clunky (the packaging) pain, I ended up giving it to a friend who really enjoys it! So, I guess it is one of those hit and miss products.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

7 years ago

This was the first foundation I used when I started wearing makeup. My mum is a devotee of the hero ColorStay foundation, but I prefer its "natural" counterpart. That being said, it still offers medium to full coverage and stays put all day, so it's great for the gym. However, it still feels a little mask-like to me I didn't like how my skin felt like it couldn't "breathe". So it's a great foundation for starters and we sell bucketloads of this stuff at work, but I'm no fan.

About reviewer (176 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

Best drugstore foundation! Loved normal colorstay but broke me, colorstay stay natural does not. I wear buff in both by the way (mac nc15, estee lauder double wear 1w1bone). Lasts all day, has good coverage, does not emphasise my dry flakes. One thing I would complain about is that it leaves a white cast in photos (flash photography) due to the high consistency of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Unfortunately I can not use this cause it has got fragrance in it and I have a serious allergy problem with fragrances.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

7 years ago

I love this foundation! It's easy to layer but it can be tricky to figure out the best way to put on. I usually dump a little (really wish it came in a pump) into my palm then stipple it on with my Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush. I don't use this all over my face, just around my t-zone where I really need it. If I need to fix a spot I use a makeup sponge. It's really hard to put this on with my fingers or the sponge by itself because it dries really quickly, so I have to do small areas at a time. This product is worth the time spent figuring out how to best apply it though. The staying power is amazing. I'll go as far as to say this is my HG foundation.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool