Tarte Cosmetics Be Your Own Tarteist Eye and Cheek Palette

No Image

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Be Your Own Tarteist eye and cheek palette was created for QVC, and I was excited and pleased enough to review it here as I find the colour selections a bit reminiscent to the Swamp Queen palette. You get a pink blush and six eyeshadows. The rosy shade 'Sensational' blush has a matte finish and is highly pigmented, but tapping excess of the brush softens the shade enough for me to be able to wear them on my fair skin.Three of the eyeshadows are matte and three are shimmery. The shades picked are perfect for me and my neutral/cool colouring, with a peach-based nude shade, a shimmery champagne, two sepia-warm takes on metal tones, and two dusky purple shades for when I want to switch my look up a touch.

The shades are very easy to wear; every shade in here is something that I'll wear regularly, as they are tame enough for more sedate daytime looks, but are also easy to dress up for evening/me-time too. I've found some of the shadows in most of the other Tarte palettes I've owned a bit hit or miss in terms of quality, but everything in this palette is very good; easy to blend and build up with little to no fallout, no heavy shimmer/glitter that doesn't adhere to skin and goes everywhere, plus everything is crease/fade resistant.

My only real niggle with the palette is that I would have liked the shade Bouquets Of Orchids to have been a bit less muted, as the beige undertone blends into my fair skintone a bit too well. I know Tarte favour 'everyday' shades so don't produce vivid eyeshadows outside of a few special releases, and I do still really like the shade and have worn it loads of times. But yeah, I would have appreciated it being a touch brighter. Thinking about it some more, if Bouquets Of Orchids had been shimmery [and Beyond Bronze matte in it's place], then this palette would have been my idea of perfect.

Also; the shade names of the products are printed on a clear plastic insert that slips and slides everywhere so I'll inevitably lose it, rather than on the actual palette. This niggle doesn't effect the actual products in any way so I don't mean to make a big deal about it, but it's something that winds me up because I like to know exactly what I'm wearing. Some of Tarte's palettes do have the shade names printed on the actual palette itself, so I don't know why they don't do it all the time...