GUERLAIN Aqua Allegoria Pera Granita

No Image

on 12/14/2016 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Guerlain discontinued my favorite Aqua Allegoria scent, but Pera Granita is climbing the ranks as a top Aqua Allegoria scent. Pera Granita was launched in early 2016.

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot
Heart Notes: Pear, Osmanthus, Orange blossom
Base notes: Moss, White musk, Cedarwood

I love both bergamot and orange blossom in the scent profile. Neither is particularly overwhelming, but this is a very citrusy scent with a secondary sweet underlaying note. Pera Granit is more of a spring/summer scent profile, but I find it to be uplifting on a gray and raining day. This would be a great perfume for someone to introduce them to the Guerlain perfume house.

None of Guerlain scents appealed to me before this one. Some of them I strongly disliked- but I've bought "Pera Granita" as soon as I smelled it. It's striking, citrusy, with a twist of my favorite woody notes. It's not long lasting, but it doesn't surprise me as it's "eau de toilette", not "eau de parfum". The bottle is gorgeous, typical for all Aqua Allegoria fragrances. Overall, I'm very happy I purchased it.

on 8/10/2016 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love and collect Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria collection.
Many have come and gone - but I just tried a sample bottle of the newest one, Pera Granita. I get a strong pear top note - with an icy dry-down. Does not last long and silage is moderate. Super for Summer - and lovely - but very expensive for what it is.

From the 'net:

The Aqua Allegoria for 2016, came out in February, is called Pera Granita, translating to pear sorbet. The idea is a clear and bright impression of a summer treat.

The fruity floral fragrance, coming in a light pink hued presentation, is focused on the following fragrant notes:

Top notes of grapefruit, bergamot, lemon; Heart notes of orange blossom, osmanthus, pear; Base notes of moss, white musk and cedarwood.

Available in the standard Aqua Allegoria bottle, with 100ml/3.3 fl.oz in eau de toilette concentration, and the familiar bee embossed on the cap. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.